2 Wireless Routers Networked? - Routers

This is a discussion on 2 Wireless Routers Networked? - Routers ; Hi, I've seen several posts from people who want to widen their wireless internet connection at home, by using 2 wireless routers at once. Here's my situation: My friend lives next door, we both have wireless routers (both Dlinks; his ...

  1. 2 Wireless Routers Networked?

    Hi,

    I've seen several posts from people who want to widen their wireless
    internet connection at home, by using 2 wireless routers at once.
    Here's my situation: My friend lives next door, we both have wireless
    routers (both Dlinks; his is a G series and mine is a DI-634M). We
    would like to be able to have networking capability without hardline
    and crossovers, for large file transfers. Is there a way to get my
    router to network with his, without the physical connections?

  2. Re: 2 Wireless Routers Networked?

    Max wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've seen several posts from people who want to widen their wireless
    > internet connection at home, by using 2 wireless routers at once.
    > Here's my situation: My friend lives next door, we both have wireless
    > routers (both Dlinks; his is a G series and mine is a DI-634M). We
    > would like to be able to have networking capability without hardline
    > and crossovers, for large file transfers. Is there a way to get my
    > router to network with his, without the physical connections?

    I think most routers do not have the capability to bridge two
    networks. But most wireless access points do. So, you would each have
    to buy a wireless access point with bridging capability to connect the
    two networks.

    Good luck, jimbo

+ Reply to Thread