newbie post for help and advice - Routers

This is a discussion on newbie post for help and advice - Routers ; i am hoping that you people in the know can help me. i want to set up a wireless connection to my 1mbps broadband connection and also to my printer from my laptop,what products do i need to be looking ...

  1. newbie post for help and advice

    i am hoping that you people in the know can help me.
    i want to set up a wireless connection to my 1mbps broadband connection and
    also to my printer from my laptop,what products do i need to be looking for
    and what are the good makes
    thanks to any one who can help

  2. Re: newbie post for help and advice

    Maybe the simplest solution would be a wireless router with built in print
    server. Several companies make them. They come with either USB or Parallel
    connections for the printer, so be careful which you order

    "Andy N" wrote in message
    >i am hoping that you people in the know can help me.
    > i want to set up a wireless connection to my 1mbps broadband connection
    > and also to my printer from my laptop,what products do i need to be
    > looking for and what are the good makes
    > thanks to any one who can help

  3. Re: newbie post for help and advice

    thanks for that ,what sort of usb connector would i need for my laptop to
    send the data through ?

    "RBM" wrote in message
    > Maybe the simplest solution would be a wireless router with built in print
    > server. Several companies make them. They come with either USB or Parallel
    > connections for the printer, so be careful which you order
    >

    > "Andy N" wrote in message
    >>i am hoping that you people in the know can help me.
    >> i want to set up a wireless connection to my 1mbps broadband connection
    >> and also to my printer from my laptop,what products do i need to be
    >> looking for and what are the good makes
    >> thanks to any one who can help

  4. Re: newbie post for help and advice

    The USB or Parallel port only connects the printer to the router. Your
    computers will connect either through an rj45 Ethernet cat 5 cable or
    wirelessly

    "Andy N" wrote in message
    > thanks for that ,what sort of usb connector would i need for my laptop to
    > send the data through ?
    >

    > "RBM" wrote in message
    >> Maybe the simplest solution would be a wireless router with built in
    >> print server. Several companies make them. They come with either USB or
    >> Parallel connections for the printer, so be careful which you order
    >>

    >> "Andy N" wrote in message
    >>>i am hoping that you people in the know can help me.
    >>> i want to set up a wireless connection to my 1mbps broadband connection
    >>> and also to my printer from my laptop,what products do i need to be
    >>> looking for and what are the good makes
    >>> thanks to any one who can help

+ Reply to Thread