I wonder if you can help me. I have a modem/router which has 3 PC's
connected to it, but they are rarely used at the same time.

My ISP has given me static IP addresses.
I can give each PC a set IP address so they always use the same IP address,
or I can set it to obtain IP address automatically which would mean they
could have a different IP address each time I turn the PC on.

What I was wondering was, is one of the above systems better or more secure
than the other?
Is there any reason why I should use the static IP addresses over dynamic
addresses or vice versa?

I hope you can help me.

I appreciate any help or information given.

Thanks!

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com