Linux opensource router - Routers

This is a discussion on Linux opensource router - Routers ; I'm looking for...a software router. It should be opensource, because I need to modify it a little. Something like zebra/quagga project. But zebra doesn't implement it's own sizing and management of router buffers algorithms /queue algorithms using kernel to manage ...

  1. Linux opensource router

    I'm looking for...a software router.
    It should be opensource, because I need to modify it a little.
    Something like zebra/quagga project.
    But zebra doesn't implement it's own
    sizing and management of router buffers algorithms
    /queue algorithms
    using kernel to manage it.

    Any helpfull links?

    --
    pozdrawiam serdecznie
    Lukasz K.

  2. Re: Linux opensource router

    Legi@fan wrote:
    > I'm looking for...a software router.
    > It should be opensource, because I need to modify it a little.
    > Something like zebra/quagga project.
    > But zebra doesn't implement it's own sizing and management of router
    > buffers algorithms
    > /queue algorithms
    > using kernel to manage it.
    >
    > Any helpfull links?

    Legi:

    Perhaps "Freesco" will meet your needs.

    http://www.freesco.org/

    HTH & GL

    John
    --
    \\\||///
    ------------------o000----(o)(o)----000o----------------

    John Dulak Gnomeway Services

  3. Re: Linux opensource router

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:59:12 -0500, John Dulak wrote:

    > Legi@fan wrote:
    >> I'm looking for...a software router.
    >> It should be opensource, because I need to modify it a little.
    >> Something like zebra/quagga project.
    >> But zebra doesn't implement it's own sizing and management of router
    >> buffers algorithms
    >> /queue algorithms
    >> using kernel to manage it.
    >>
    >> Any helpfull links?