dhcp client release time - Routers

This is a discussion on dhcp client release time - Routers ; hi, i've just done an update for new firmware for my router 3com 3CRWE554G72T. ok all seems ok, but i have in the settings for dhcp server, a setting for remaining lease time "2 hours" with an option for release ...

  1. dhcp client release time

    hi, i've just done an update for new firmware for my router 3com
    3CRWE554G72T. ok all seems ok, but i have in the settings for dhcp server,
    a setting for remaining lease time "2 hours" with an option for release
    ....... how can i change this .... and what does this main ? (after 2 hours,
    my connection is broken)

  2. Re: dhcp client release time

    The router assigns an ip address for a predetermined period of time, like 24
    hours. If that pc is not turned on for the lease period, the router may
    assign it a new address next time it's turned on. If you release it, it will
    assign a new ip
    "Franky" wrote in message
    > hi, i've just done an update for new firmware for my router 3com
    > 3CRWE554G72T. ok all seems ok, but i have in the settings for dhcp
    > server, a setting for remaining lease time "2 hours" with an option for
    > release ...... how can i change this .... and what does this main ? (after
    > 2 hours, my connection is broken)

+ Reply to Thread