Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless - Routers

This is a discussion on Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless - Routers ; I am looking for a router with 12 ports that also supports wireless networking. All I find are routers with 4 ports. Any help is most appreciated. Please post your replies on the newsgroup. Manny...

  1. Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless

    I am looking for a router with 12 ports that also supports wireless
    networking. All I find are routers with 4 ports. Any help is most
    appreciated. Please post your replies on the newsgroup.

    Manny

  2. Re: Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless

    Why not buy the four port wireless, and a 16 port switch?

    "Manny Bhuta" wrote in message
    >I am looking for a router with 12 ports that also supports wireless
    >networking. All I find are routers with 4 ports. Any help is most
    >appreciated. Please post your replies on the newsgroup.
    >
    > Manny

  3. Re: Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:10:07 -0500, Manny Bhuta wrote:

    > I am looking for a router with 12 ports that also supports wireless
    > networking. All I find are routers with 4 ports. Any help is most
    > appreciated. Please post your replies on the newsgroup.
    >
    > Manny

    Get a wireless 4 port router and two 8 port switches and uplink the
    switches to two of the 4 router ports.

  4. Re: Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless

    Thank you for the info.

    Please forgive my ignorance. Where dan I buy these 8 port switches?
    Anything in particular I should look for?

    Manny

    "BobC" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:10:07 -0500, Manny Bhuta wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a router with 12 ports that also supports wireless
    >> networking. All I find are routers with 4 ports. Any help is most
    >> appreciated. Please post your replies on the newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Manny

    > Get a wireless 4 port router and two 8 port switches and uplink the
    > switches to two of the 4 router ports.

  5. Re: Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless

    Why buy two switches. Here's a 16 port unit:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r

    > Thank you for the info.
    >
    > Please forgive my ignorance. Where dan I buy these 8 port switches?
    > Anything in particular I should look for?
    >
    > Manny
    >

    > "BobC" wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:10:07 -0500, Manny Bhuta wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a router with 12 ports that also supports wireless
    >>> networking. All I find are routers with 4 ports. Any help is most
    >>> appreciated. Please post your replies on the newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> Manny

    >> Get a wireless 4 port router and two 8 port switches and uplink the
    >> switches to two of the 4 router ports.

  6. Re: Router with 12 ethernet ports plus wireless

    Thanks again. I just ordered it.

    Manny

    "RBM" wrote in message
    > Why buy two switches. Here's a 16 port unit:
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r
    >

    > "Manny Bhuta" wrote in message
    >> Thank you for the info.
    >>
    >> Please forgive my ignorance. Where dan I buy these 8 port switches?
    >> Anything in particular I should look for?
    >>
    >> Manny
    >>

    >> "BobC" wrote in message

    >>> Get a wireless 4 port router and two 8 port switches and uplink the
    >>> switches to two of the 4 router ports.

+ Reply to Thread