apache behind router - Routers

This is a discussion on apache behind router - Routers ; I'm having problems to set up an Apache Web Server inside a LAN. I've a dynamic IP connection which is used by a CNet cnig-914 router. The computer where Apache is installed on, has 192.168.1.4 IP. The problem, as you ...

  1. apache behind router

    I'm having problems to set up an Apache Web Server inside a LAN. I've a
    dynamic IP connection which is used by a CNet cnig-914 router. The
    computer where Apache is installed on, has 192.168.1.4 IP. The problem,
    as you might guess, is that the webserver canīt be reached from
    outside the LAN.
    All works fine if i write in the address bar
    http://192.168.1.4/index.htm, but it doesnīt work if i try to access
    it through http://[ROUTER-IP]/index.php

    Given that the router (CNet cnig-914) isnīt as common as Linksys seems
    to be, i'm gonna show what kind of menus it has:

    NAT --> Virtual Server --> Server IP
    NAT --> Virtual Server --> Mapping Ports

    (I tried with 192.168.1.4 and port 80 / 8080, and nothing )

    Firewall --> DMZ --> IP Address of Local DMZ Host --> IP Address
    Firewall --> DMZ --> IP Address of Public DMZ Host --> IP Address

    (I tried with 192.168.1.4, without luck )

    Note that i'm using a no-ip account and before installing the router,
    it was working fine.

    A little bit of my Apache config file

    Listen 8080 #(Not worked with port 80)

    DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2/htdocs/julianmslp_zapto_org"
    ServerName julianmslp.zapto.org

    #Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    Any help would be apreciated

    regards - jm

  2. Re: apache behind router

    Hello,

    Map it using your WAN ip address not your LAN address.

  3. Re: apache behind router

    You have to setup Port-Forwarding to 192.168.1.4 Port 80
    (usually you can do this onto the router config page http://192.168.1.1)

    Rgds,
    Jimmy

    "julian_m" schreef in bericht
    news:1140962085.068781.60230@j33g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
[...]

  4. Re: apache behind router

    Jimmy Kerckhofs cried out

    > You have to setup Port-Forwarding to 192.168.1.4 Port 80
    > (usually you can do this onto the router config page
    > http://192.168.1.1)
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Jimmy
    >
    > "julian_m" schreef in bericht
    > news:1140962085.068781.60230@j33g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > I'm having problems to set up an Apache Web Server inside a LAN.
    > I've a dynamic IP connection which is used by a CNet cnig-914
    > router. The computer where Apache is installed on, has 192.168.1.4
    > IP. The problem, as you might guess, is that the webserver canīt
    > be reached from outside the LAN.
    > All works fine if i write in the address bar
    > http://192.168.1.4/index.htm, but it doesnīt work if i try to
    > access it through http://[ROUTER-IP]/index.php
    >
    > Given that the router (CNet cnig-914) isnīt as common as Linksys
    > seems to be, i'm gonna show what kind of menus it has:
    >
    > NAT --> Virtual Server --> Server IP
    > NAT --> Virtual Server --> Mapping Ports
    >
    > (I tried with 192.168.1.4 and port 80 / 8080, and nothing )
    >

    > Firewall --> DMZ --> IP Address of Local DMZ Host --> IP Address
    > Firewall --> DMZ --> IP Address of Public DMZ Host --> IP
    > Address
    >
    > (I tried with 192.168.1.4, without luck )
    >

    > Note that i'm using a no-ip account and before installing the
    > router, it was working fine.
    >
    > A little bit of my Apache config file
    >
    > Listen 8080 #(Not worked with port 80)
    >

    > DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2/htdocs/julianmslp_zapto_org"
    > ServerName julianmslp.zapto.org
    > 0
    > #Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    > Order allow,deny
    > Allow from all
    >

    > Any help would be apreciated
    >
    > regards - jm

    dont know aobut cnet but on linksys 8080 is the port for remote
    router admin i wouldnt use that if it is the same for cnet i would
    stick with 80 as long as you port foward 80 to 104 you shouldnt have
    a problem

+ Reply to Thread