I bought a new Netgear FVS318 router for a friend and he has a Sony Vaio
with a docking station. When the laptop is in the docking station I cannot
get connectivity with the router, if I take the laptop out of the docking
station everything is fine.

I have an older FVS318 at home, so I brought the computer home and hooked it
up to my router with the docking station and everything worked fine. I
noticed that the docking station only has 4 metal pins in the ethernet port
while the laptop has all 8. Could there be a change in the FVS318 where it
now needs more than 4 pins for it to work?

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

Todd