Problem with RV042 Outgoing Dual-WAN Load Balance - Routers

This is a discussion on Problem with RV042 Outgoing Dual-WAN Load Balance - Routers ; I'm using a Linksys Dual-WAN RV042 router. When it is set to Load Balance, HTTPS sessions will be randomly be kicked out. When I set it to Smart Link Backup, the HTTPS sessions work fine. I do not want to ...

  1. Problem with RV042 Outgoing Dual-WAN Load Balance

    I'm using a Linksys Dual-WAN RV042 router. When it is set to Load
    Balance, HTTPS sessions will be randomly be kicked out. When I set it
    to Smart Link Backup, the HTTPS sessions work fine.

    I do not want to use Smart Link Backup, so I would like to discover a
    way around this.

    I know that this is a semi-common issue with Dual-WAN routers. And I
    also know that the answer will ultimately lie in forwarding all
    outgoing HTTPS traffic to a particular WAN port. I'm running a Squid
    proxy, so any sort of per-client/per-ip solution will not be an option.

    I've been looking in the web-based config interface for the router, and
    I can't find any option to direct outgoing traffic from a particular
    service to a specific WAN port. Am I missing something?

    ~Mark

  2. Re: Problem with RV042 Outgoing Dual-WAN Load Balance

    Hi Mark,
    When you have Load Balance enabled, you can Bind Ports to either WAN1
    or WAN2.
    This may help you.
    Cheers
    Si

    Mark Nenadov wrote:
    > I'm using a Linksys Dual-WAN RV042 router. When it is set to Load
    > Balance, HTTPS sessions will be randomly be kicked out. When I set it
    > to Smart Link Backup, the HTTPS sessions work fine.
    >
    > I do not want to use Smart Link Backup, so I would like to discover a
    > way around this.
    >
    > I know that this is a semi-common issue with Dual-WAN routers. And I
    > also know that the answer will ultimately lie in forwarding all
    > outgoing HTTPS traffic to a particular WAN port. I'm running a Squid
    > proxy, so any sort of per-client/per-ip solution will not be an option.
    >
    > I've been looking in the web-based config interface for the router, and
    > I can't find any option to direct outgoing traffic from a particular
    > service to a specific WAN port. Am I missing something?
    >
    > ~Mark

+ Reply to Thread