Big prob on Pre N router - Routers

This is a discussion on Big prob on Pre N router - Routers ; It just stopped working. My desktop upstairs can't see it anymore. i've reset everything, and rebooted my desktop but still it can't see the router. The weird thing is that it just stopped, really suddenly. as if it just got ...

  1. Big prob on Pre N router

    It just stopped working.

    My desktop upstairs can't see it anymore. i've reset everything, and
    rebooted my desktop but still it can't see the router. The weird thing
    is that it just stopped, really suddenly. as if it just got
    overloaded?????

  2. Re: Big prob on Pre N router

    You have not stated whether any other computers still work with the router.
    Assuming you only have 1 system connected to the router what other symptoms
    are you seeing? Is the wireless light on? Have you done a reset as specified
    by Belkin ( the manual description of a reset is wrong)? I had a Pre-N and
    it died in much the same way. It turned out that the router was toast and
    had to be replaced. The replacement seems fine.

    To reset the router...

    1. Hold the reset switch for 15 seconds.
    2. Power down the Router while keep holding down the
    reset switch.
    3. Continue to hold the switch in and connect power again.
    Keep holding the switch for 15 seconds.
    4. The Router "is supposed to" boot up with the factory
    settings.

    Regards,
    John O.

    wrote in message
    news:1139144452.455524.17660@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > It just stopped working.
    >
    > My desktop upstairs can't see it anymore. i've reset everything, and
    > rebooted my desktop but still it can't see the router. The weird thing
    > is that it just stopped, really suddenly. as if it just got
    > overloaded?????

+ Reply to Thread