Linksys WRT54G - Routers

This is a discussion on Linksys WRT54G - Routers ; Has the any recent firmware increased the reliablity of the WRT54G V5 or is it still crap?...

  1. Linksys WRT54G

    Has the any recent firmware increased the reliablity of the WRT54G V5
    or is it still crap?

  2. Re: Linksys WRT54G

    In article ,
    Rosco wrote:

    > Has the any recent firmware increased the reliablity of the WRT54G V5
    > or is it still crap?

    The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, I would say the answers to
    the two implicit questions in the above are both "yes".

    --
    J. Long

  3. Re: Linksys WRT54G

    Johnathan Long cried out

    > In article ,
    > Rosco wrote:
    >
    >> Has the any recent firmware increased the reliablity of the
    >> WRT54G V5 or is it still crap?

    > The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, I would say the
    > answers to the two implicit questions in the above are both "yes".

    Sorry, my grammar was kinda off, i was very tired. OK, so can it handle
    some DHCP clients, some static, WPA with mac filtering, and some port
    fowarding, and maybee even a DMZ host without crashing everyfew minutes
    like my befw11s4 ver4

  4. Re: Linksys WRT54G

    In article ,
    Rosco wrote:

    > Sorry, my grammar was kinda off, i was very tired. OK, so can it handle
    > some DHCP clients, some static, WPA with mac filtering, and some port
    > fowarding, and maybee even a DMZ host without crashing everyfew minutes
    > like my befw11s4 ver4

    In my tests, the latest firmware has been more stable than 1.00.1 and
    1.00.2 were (which is not saying too much since 1.00.2 would stay up for
    about 5 minutes at a time).

    Frankly, I would not deploy a WRT54Gv5 in any mission critical
    environment (such as my work) or any location that I might be expected
    to provide late night or weekend support for (such as my parents).

    If you want a WRT54G, stick to v4 models (staill available in sealed
    boxes from eBay and such).

    Otherwise, get a Netgear...

    --
    J. Long

  5. Re: Linksys WRT54G

    Johnathan Long cried out

    > In article ,
    > Rosco wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, my grammar was kinda off, i was very tired. OK, so can it
    >> handle some DHCP clients, some static, WPA with mac filtering,
    >> and some port fowarding, and maybee even a DMZ host without
    >> crashing everyfew minutes like my befw11s4 ver4

    > In my tests, the latest firmware has been more stable than 1.00.1
    > and 1.00.2 were (which is not saying too much since 1.00.2 would
    > stay up for about 5 minutes at a time).
    >
    > Frankly, I would not deploy a WRT54Gv5 in any mission critical
    > environment (such as my work) or any location that I might be
    > expected to provide late night or weekend support for (such as my
    > parents).
    >
    > If you want a WRT54G, stick to v4 models (staill available in
    > sealed boxes from eBay and such).
    >
    > Otherwise, get a Netgear...

    thats what i needed, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread