Access computer behind router - Routers

This is a discussion on Access computer behind router - Routers ; I need to access two computer behind the LinkSys BEFSR41 cable DSL router via internet using pcAnywhere. Can someone advise me how to configure pcAnywhere and the router. Thanks, Scott...

  1. Access computer behind router

    I need to access two computer behind the LinkSys BEFSR41 cable DSL router
    via internet using pcAnywhere. Can someone advise me how to configure
    pcAnywhere and the router.

    Thanks,

    Scott

  2. Re: Access computer behind router

    Scott wrote:
    > I need to access two computer behind the LinkSys BEFSR41 cable DSL router
    > via internet using pcAnywhere. Can someone advise me how to configure
    > pcAnywhere and the router.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

    I'm not sure which port pcAnywhere uses, but you will need to set up
    port forwarding on your router under the adminstration pages. You will
    get the best results by setting the computer you wish to connect to as
    having a statc (does not change) ip address. Information on setting
    this up can be obtained on the linksys FAQ.

    pcAnywhere port numbers:

    Linksys FAQ on static IPs:
    http://tinyurl.com/cfues

    Linksys FAQ on port forwarding:
    http://tinyurl.com/cl97z
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/ddqon

    If you still need help you can reply or e-mail me using the e-mail
    address provided but remember you remove the caps.

    rosco111NOCAPS@DELETECAPScharter.netALLOFTHEM

+ Reply to Thread