  2. Re: Possible to restict connection speed?

    From: "HotRod"

    | I have an office with 10 PC's connected to a linksys Wireless G Router. Two
    | of these computers are servers and are hard wired into the router. Is it
    | possible for me so set individual connection speeds for different computers?
    | I'd like to dial back a few users that are downloading stuff and give more
    | access to the server for people accessing it offsite?

    I don't think you can without extra equipment that specifically limits user bandwidth.

    I sincerely hope that you have fully secured that wireless network or your company data and
    security is greatly "at risk".

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  3. Re: Possible to restict connection speed?

    I didn't say anything about security this is a speed issue.

    "David H. Lipman" wrote in message
    > From: "HotRod"
    >
    > | I have an office with 10 PC's connected to a linksys Wireless G Router.
    > Two
    > | of these computers are servers and are hard wired into the router. Is it
    > | possible for me so set individual connection speeds for different
    > computers?
    > | I'd like to dial back a few users that are downloading stuff and give
    > more
    > | access to the server for people accessing it offsite?
    > |

    > I don't think you can without extra equipment that specifically limits
    > user bandwidth.
    >
    > I sincerely hope that you have fully secured that wireless network or your
    > company data and
    > security is greatly "at risk".
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  4. Re: Possible to restict connection speed?

    From: "HotRod"

    | I didn't say anything about security this is a speed issue.

    I got that. There are so many idiots running open WAPs that I just had to make that
    statement. I assume then you have taken the proper securing techniques.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  5. Re: Possible to restict connection speed?

    Access to our site is only through VPN and all of our networks have 128 bit
    WAP encryption.

    > From: "HotRod"
    >
    > | I didn't say anything about security this is a speed issue.
    > |

    > I got that. There are so many idiots running open WAPs that I just had to
    > make that
    > statement. I assume then you have taken the proper securing techniques.
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

+ Reply to Thread