Equipment to replace Buffalo Tech wireless bridge? - Routers

This is a discussion on Equipment to replace Buffalo Tech wireless bridge? - Routers ; I have been functioning for a year + until today with two Buffalo Tech WBR-54G routers in wireless bridge mode that I use only for a ReplayTV DVR. Today, the bridge crashed and I have not been able to figure ...

  1. Equipment to replace Buffalo Tech wireless bridge?

    I have been functioning for a year + until today with two Buffalo Tech
    WBR-54G routers in wireless bridge mode that I use only for a ReplayTV
    DVR. Today, the bridge crashed and I have not been able to figure out
    what the problem is, so I am preparing myself for additional expense.

    While I do that, I want to know if there is other equipment out there
    that is as, or more, reliable than the Buffalo Tech, and easy to set up.
    It would be nice if the unit funtioned as an access point as well as a
    wireless bridge but that is not a deal breaker.

    Does anyone have any suggestions for other equipment to look at?

    Thanks
    Ken K

  2. Re: Equipment to replace Buffalo Tech wireless bridge?

    "Ken" wrote in message
    > I have been functioning for a year + until today with two
    > Buffalo
    > Tech WBR-54G routers in wireless bridge mode that I use only
    > for a
    > ReplayTV DVR. Today, the bridge crashed and I have not been
    > able to
    > figure out what the problem is, so I am preparing myself for
    > additional expense.
    > While I do that, I want to know if there is other equipment out
    > there that is as, or more, reliable than the Buffalo Tech, and
    > easy
    > to set up. It would be nice if the unit funtioned as an access
    > point as well as a wireless bridge but that is not a deal
    > breaker.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions for other equipment to look
    > at?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ken K

    I use a Linksys BEFSR41 router, a WAP11 wireless access point and
    a WUSB11 wireless network adapter to network one of my TiVo's.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  3. Re: Equipment to replace Buffalo Tech wireless bridge?

    Travis M. wrote:

    > "Ken" wrote in message
    >
    >> I have been functioning for a year + until today with two Buffalo
    >> Tech WBR-54G routers in wireless bridge mode that I use only for a
    >> ReplayTV DVR. Today, the bridge crashed and I have not been able to
    >> figure out what the problem is, so I am preparing myself for
    >> additional expense.
    >> While I do that, I want to know if there is other equipment out
    >> there that is as, or more, reliable than the Buffalo Tech, and easy
    >> to set up. It would be nice if the unit funtioned as an access
    >> point as well as a wireless bridge but that is not a deal breaker.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any suggestions for other equipment to look at?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Ken K

    > I use a Linksys BEFSR41 router, a WAP11 wireless access point and a
    > WUSB11 wireless network adapter to network one of my TiVo's.

    Thanks. I will look at that equipment.

+ Reply to Thread