Server <> Client - Routers

This is a discussion on Server <> Client - Routers ; I have a USR Robotics router and i'm running a Fax-Server with ActieveFax (ActFax) with an internal Ip adress 192.168.123.103. I wanted to connect with the Client software of ActFax trough Internet to the Fax-Server (ip 84.107.0.xxx) but the connecting ...

  1. Server <> Client

    I have a USR Robotics router and i'm running a Fax-Server with
    ActieveFax (ActFax) with an internal Ip adress 192.168.123.103.
    I wanted to connect with the Client software of ActFax trough Internet
    to the Fax-Server (ip 84.107.0.xxx) but the connecting failed.

    What do in need to change in the USR Router ?

    Answer from the Support Team of ActFax:
    The internal IP 192.168.123.103 is not used
    in that case, since it is not visible to the Internet,
    so you need to connect to the IP address 84.107.0.xxx
    from the client. You also need to take care that the ports
    25017, 25018 and 25019 are not blocked by a firewall.

  2. Re: Server <> Client

    From: "Roby"

    | I have a USR Robotics router and i'm running a Fax-Server with
    | ActieveFax (ActFax) with an internal Ip adress 192.168.123.103.
    | I wanted to connect with the Client software of ActFax trough Internet
    | to the Fax-Server (ip 84.107.0.xxx) but the connecting failed.
    |
    | What do in need to change in the USR Router ?
    |
    | ----------------------------------------
    | Answer from the Support Team of ActFax:
    | ------------------------------------------------------------
    | The internal IP 192.168.123.103 is not used
    | in that case, since it is not visible to the Internet,
    | so you need to connect to the IP address 84.107.0.xxx
    | from the client. You also need to take care that the ports
    | 25017, 25018 and 25019 are not blocked by a firewall.

    Put the server in the Router DMZ or make sure needed TCP and/or UDP ports are forwarded to
    192.168.123.103, the IP address of the ActieveFax server.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  3. Re: Server <> Client

    > Put the server in the Router DMZ or make sure needed TCP and/or UDP ports
    > are forwarded to
    > 192.168.123.103, the IP address of the ActieveFax server.

    Port Forwarding TCP/UCP did the tric.

    Don't know what Router DMZ does, after i enabled it - i disable it again
    and still get a connecting with the ActFax Client.

    Thanks

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread