Setup of wireless accesspoint using router? - Routers

This is a discussion on Setup of wireless accesspoint using router? - Routers ; Have following situation: DSL connected to Linksys WRT54G-EU Accesspoint Linksys WAP54G-EU Everything working fine Would like to: Setup a Topcom WBR611 router as a wireless accesspoint to connect wireless to the WAP54G-EU. So far: Have managed to make the WBR611 ...

  1. Setup of wireless accesspoint using router?

    Have following situation:
    DSL connected to Linksys WRT54G-EU
    Accesspoint Linksys WAP54G-EU
    Everything working fine

    Would like to:
    Setup a Topcom WBR611 router as a wireless accesspoint
    to connect wireless to the WAP54G-EU.

    So far:
    Have managed to make the WBR611 work as a wired
    accesspoint (cabling to switch).
    Have flashed WBR611 with latest firmware (1.04).

    Is there any way to make the WBR611 work wireless?

    Any comments will be received with thanks!

    Brgds
    Henning - Denmark.

    Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
    Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 0 spam-mails.
    Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
    Hent gratis SPAMfighter her: www.spamfighter.dk

  2. Re: Setup of wireless accesspoint using router?

    Henning Srensen skrev:
    > Have following situation:
    > DSL connected to Linksys WRT54G-EU
    > Accesspoint Linksys WAP54G-EU
    > Everything working fine
    >
    > Would like to:
    > Setup a Topcom WBR611 router as a wireless accesspoint
    > to connect wireless to the WAP54G-EU.
    >
    > So far:
    > Have managed to make the WBR611 work as a wired
    > accesspoint (cabling to switch).
    > Have flashed WBR611 with latest firmware (1.04).
    >
    > Is there any way to make the WBR611 work wireless?
    >
    > Any comments will be received with thanks!
    >
    > Brgds
    > Henning - Denmark.

    > Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
    > Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 0 spam-mails.
    > Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
    > Hent gratis SPAMfighter her: www.spamfighter.dk

    Hi Henning
    Ive played around with the Linksys AP so i can only give advice on that one.

    - I would set up the TopCom AP and connect it to your LAN - check that
    you can connect to your wired LAN through it.

    - Configure the Linksys in "AP CLIENT mode" and have a go at connecting
    to your TopCom wireless AP.
    This is done in the webinterface of the Linksys: SETUP --> AP mode and
    select "AP Client" and then click "Site Survey" and hopefully you should
    be able to connect to your TopCom AP.

    If theres no wireless lans showing up - try experimentating with using
    same channel and type of standard (A,B and G)most AP's gives you the
    option to select a fixed speed.

    I usually start out without no encryption on the Wlan - set up the
    connection and then applying protection after i got the communication
    running - usually makes it easier to diagnose if there is trouble.

    Hope i sent you in the right direction

    Bitflux

+ Reply to Thread