Belkin router disconnecting - Routers

This is a discussion on Belkin router disconnecting - Routers ; I have one of Belkin's router which is around a year old. Some reason, the "Data" light will sometimes go off causing me not to be able to access the Internet. When I go to the settings page it says ...

  1. Belkin router disconnecting

    I have one of Belkin's router which is around a year old. Some reason,
    the "Data" light will sometimes go off causing me not to be able to
    access the Internet. When I go to the settings page it says it is
    Disconnected and so I have to Connect. Does this every now and then. Is
    this a problem with the router do you think or is it something to do
    with the settings?

  2. Re: Belkin router disconnecting

    thorpe89@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have one of Belkin's router which is around a year old. Some reason,
    > the "Data" light will sometimes go off causing me not to be able to
    > access the Internet. When I go to the settings page it says it is
    > Disconnected and so I have to Connect. Does this every now and then.
    > Is this a problem with the router do you think or is it something to
    > do with the settings?

    Go to www.dslreports.com and access the cable modem FAQ or the dsl FAq,
    whichever is appropriate for your connection. Review the steps for
    verifying the modem performance. Review your router settings to verify
    that you have either a static IP address or automatic (DHCP) address, as
    appropriate.

    Post back here with the details of your ISP, your modem and type of
    connection, the brand and model of router, your network setup, and the
    operating system used on your computers. Run from a command prompt on
    your main computer ipconfig /all (winipconfg /all for Win9x), copy and
    past to your response.