wired cannot ping w/less and vice-versa - Routers

This is a discussion on wired cannot ping w/less and vice-versa - Routers ; Hey there i have seen a few similar problems similar to this, but a little dif, so im hoping theres an answer somewhere! I have a netgear DG834Gv2 router ( http://www.netgear.com.au/products/p...asp?prodID=223 ) the problem i am having is that the ...

  1. wired cannot ping w/less and vice-versa

    Hey there
    i have seen a few similar problems similar to this, but a little dif, so im
    hoping theres an answer somewhere!

    I have a netgear DG834Gv2 router (
    http://www.netgear.com.au/products/p...asp?prodID=223 )

    the problem i am having is that the wired devices can ping eachother no
    worries and have a worry-free i-net connection, but they cannot ping my
    wireless computer.

    the wireless computer also has great net connection via the router, and can
    ping the router, but cannot ping any wired devices.

    WEB
    DG834Gv2
    // \\
    WIRED W/LESS
    // \\ ||
    Dev1 Dev2 Dev3

    Dev1 can ping Dev 2 and viceversa, however neither Dev1 or Dev2 can ping
    Dev3; and Dev 3 cannot ping them in return. All devices can ping the router
    and get internet connection.

    I am hoping this is something that is as simple as a setting on the router
    and not something that cannot be changed.

    if this is not the correct place for this post can someone also please tell
    me where is should be.

    Thanking you kindly
    -Jason

  2. Re: wired cannot ping w/[wire]less and vice-versa

    X-No-Archive
    Hello,
    Have you already done the suggestions in the topic
    linskys 4 switch cable router
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...82d716ad788ef2

    Particularly the posts of
    2. Doug, Nov 28, 7:21 am
    and
    5. Travis, Nov 28, 6:05 pm.

    (The subject lines of threads don't always closely relate to the
    essential problem discussed ; )`

    Have you found a solution? (If so, would you post it?) Thx

+ Reply to Thread