Severe Disconnect Problem - Routers

This is a discussion on Severe Disconnect Problem - Routers ; I have now gone through 4 routers (2 Linksys WRT54Gs, a Netgear and the DLink DGL-4300) and I am still experiencing the same problem. When I returned to my apartment after Thanksgiving, my router just stopped working on the WAN ...

  1. Severe Disconnect Problem

    I have now gone through 4 routers (2 Linksys WRT54Gs, a Netgear and the
    DLink DGL-4300) and I am still experiencing the same problem.

    When I returned to my apartment after Thanksgiving, my router just
    stopped working on the WAN side (Firefox displays Looking for host...).
    After doing a reset, all works fine (wired) for about 5 minutes, and
    then the thing dies again. LAN works, but WAN bites the dust. I cannot
    ping IPs or domains on the internet.

    After going thru this many routers and having the EXACT same thing
    happen on all of them, I am thinking it is an issue regarding the
    apartment building's internal network (connected to a T1) and how I
    have the router configured. The Cisco router for the building hands out
    192.168.1.x addresses. So my router hands out 192.168.0.x addresses.
    Could this be an addressing issue? Any suggestions?

    TIA,

  2. Re: Severe Disconnect Problem

    I had the exact same thing, turned out to be a Microsoft Update on my
    network driver. Reinstalled original from CD no problems.

    uclamathguy@gmail.com wrote in news:1133232348.762468.247960
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I have now gone through 4 routers (2 Linksys WRT54Gs, a Netgear and the
    > DLink DGL-4300) and I am still experiencing the same problem.
    >
    > When I returned to my apartment after Thanksgiving, my router just
    > stopped working on the WAN side (Firefox displays Looking for host...).
    > After doing a reset, all works fine (wired) for about 5 minutes, and
    > then the thing dies again. LAN works, but WAN bites the dust. I cannot
    > ping IPs or domains on the internet.
    >
    > After going thru this many routers and having the EXACT same thing
    > happen on all of them, I am thinking it is an issue regarding the
    > apartment building's internal network (connected to a T1) and how I
    > have the router configured. The Cisco router for the building hands out
    > 192.168.1.x addresses. So my router hands out 192.168.0.x addresses.
    > Could this be an addressing issue? Any suggestions?
    >
    > TIA,

  3. Re: Severe Disconnect Problem

    Its Me skrev:
    > I had the exact same thing, turned out to be a Microsoft Update on my
    > network driver. Reinstalled original from CD no problems.
    >

    > uclamathguy@gmail.com wrote in news:1133232348.762468.247960
    > @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> I have now gone through 4 routers (2 Linksys WRT54Gs, a Netgear and the
    >> DLink DGL-4300) and I am still experiencing the same problem.
    >>
    >> When I returned to my apartment after Thanksgiving, my router just
    >> stopped working on the WAN side (Firefox displays Looking for host...).
    >> After doing a reset, all works fine (wired) for about 5 minutes, and
    >> then the thing dies again. LAN works, but WAN bites the dust. I cannot
    >> ping IPs or domains on the internet.
    >>
    >> After going thru this many routers and having the EXACT same thing
    >> happen on all of them, I am thinking it is an issue regarding the
    >> apartment building's internal network (connected to a T1) and how I
    >> have the router configured. The Cisco router for the building hands out
    >> 192.168.1.x addresses. So my router hands out 192.168.0.x addresses.
    >> Could this be an addressing issue? Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> TIA,

    Hi You )
    Sounds like a duplicate ipaddress issue on your WAN side - had the same
    problem installing a etherned creditcard terminal - worked fine for like
    5 minutes and then flatlined. After some hours of swearing i found that
    the ipaddress i had been asked to program the unit with, was in use on
    another box and they kept kicking each other off when they where
    booting. Your neighbour might be sitting, swearing with the same problem )

    Hope it helps

    Bitflux

+ Reply to Thread