D-Link Problems... - Routers

This is a discussion on D-Link Problems... - Routers ; Hello All I have a D-Link 524 wireless router (802.11g/2.4Ghz). I connected my Cable modem to this router but I am having some problems. Firstly, I am not able to see my network in the "Available Wireless n/w" list on ...

  1. D-Link Problems...

    Hello All
    I have a D-Link 524 wireless router (802.11g/2.4Ghz).
    I connected my Cable modem to this router but I am having some
    problems.
    Firstly, I am not able to see my network in the "Available Wireless
    n/w" list on XP (SP2) . I have two laptops one using Cisco Aeronet card

    and another using D-Link card. Both are not able to see my wireless
    n.w. If I keep refreshing, I see my n.w but only for some time.
    Secondly even when I see the n/w it says Signal Strength Low/Poor.

    I also downloaded the latest firmware from the d-link site but no luck?

    Any ideas?? Or do I need to buy new wireless router>

    Thanks

  2. Re: D-Link Problems...

    JimGreen skrev:
    > Hello All
    > I have a D-Link 524 wireless router (802.11g/2.4Ghz).
    > I connected my Cable modem to this router but I am having some
    > problems.
    > Firstly, I am not able to see my network in the "Available Wireless
    > n/w" list on XP (SP2) . I have two laptops one using Cisco Aeronet card
    >
    > and another using D-Link card. Both are not able to see my wireless
    > n.w. If I keep refreshing, I see my n.w but only for some time.
    > Secondly even when I see the n/w it says Signal Strength Low/Poor.
    >

    > I also downloaded the latest firmware from the d-link site but no luck?
    >
    > Any ideas?? Or do I need to buy new wireless router>
    >

    > Thanks

    Hi Jim
    Ive seen that problem on that exact AP - and it started happening when
    the newest firmware was put into it. I somehow seemed to fix it by
    setting the AP to another channel - just that... it worked fine since
    that day.

    I think it might be a bug in the firmware - but the channel change seems
    to kickstart the radio unit in the AP.

    Hope it works

    Bitflux

+ Reply to Thread