RJ 45 cable - Routers

This is a discussion on RJ 45 cable - Routers ; Looking to install my first network. Is it possible to run the patch cable from the router up an exterior wall, what problems what I likley see if I was to do so. Thanks in advance...

  1. RJ 45 cable

    Looking to install my first network. Is it possible to run the patch
    cable from the router up an exterior wall, what problems what I
    likley see if I was to do so. Thanks in advance

  2. Re: RJ 45 cable

    AdNoctum wrote:
    > Looking to install my first network. Is it possible to run the patch
    > cable from the router up an exterior wall, what problems what I
    > likley see if I was to do so. Thanks in advance

    You may need to protect cable from sun... possibly run in PVC sprinkler
    pipe.

    Main item to be prepared for... I cable does not come with connectors
    already attached, you will need special crimping tool to install
    connectors. When installing connectors, beware that twisted pairs do
    not necessarily go to adjacent pins. Check standards. A cable that
    checks out as OK with a continuity checker may still not work at speed
    because the wires have not been properly paired.

  3. Re: RJ 45 cable

    No problems other than it's ugly. You can buy or have CAT 5 cables made up
    with ends on them. If you're trying to snake them in walls it's a pain with
    the ends on, but unless you have rj45 ends and crimpers and preferably test
    equipment, it's probably still easiest

    "AdNoctum" wrote in message
    news:Xns970A820021E09augustusimperialcity@81.31.10 1.51...
    > Looking to install my first network. Is it possible to run the patch
    > cable from the router up an exterior wall, what problems what I
    > likley see if I was to do so. Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread