Netgear API - Routers

This is a discussion on Netgear API - Routers ; Does anyone know of any API available for netgear routers. If you do, can you point me towards any documentation on it. I am looking into writing an application to access the router and control access to different machines on ...

  1. Netgear API

    Does anyone know of any API available for netgear routers. If you do,
    can you point me towards any documentation on it.

    I am looking into writing an application to access the router and
    control access to different machines on the network.

    Thank you,
    Patric

  2. Re: Netgear API

    >Does anyone know of any API available for netgear routers. If you do,
    >can you point me towards any documentation on it.
    >
    >I am looking into writing an application to access the router and
    >control access to different machines on the network.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >Patric

    Something similar's been done, already, methinks:

    http://www.edcheung.com/automa/gm.htm

  3. Re: Netgear API

    the reason I need an API is because I am doing research for a class
    project. If you know where to find the API for that netgear router
    then I would greatly appreciate it.

    Otherwise thank you for the link, that has provided me with information
    that can aid in my research.

    - Patrick

  4. Re: Netgear API

    >the reason I need an API is because I am doing research for a class
    >project. If you know where to find the API for that netgear router
    >then I would greatly appreciate it.
    >
    >Otherwise thank you for the link, that has provided me with information
    >that can aid in my research.

    Don't know of a general API, no. Some have a scarcely-documented
    telnet interface to 'em, but standardized protocol, even across
    similar versions? Eek, sorry, doubtful.

+ Reply to Thread