Looking to get a router, Any suggestions? - Routers

This is a discussion on Looking to get a router, Any suggestions? - Routers ; I'm looking to get a router in little bit to hook up three pc's to the internet. First off is there a router that will let you change your IP address at will. Second can I hook my PS2 to ...

  1. Looking to get a router, Any suggestions?

    I'm looking to get a router in little bit to hook up three pc's to the
    internet. First off is there a router that will let you change your IP
    address at will. Second can I hook my PS2 to the router and still play my
    online games? And lastly it can't be more than 500 bucks if possible.

    Thanks for any info you can give.

  2. Re: Looking to get a router, Any suggestions?

    Tim wrote:
    > I'm looking to get a router in little bit to hook up three pc's to
    > the internet. First off is there a router that will let you change
    > your IP address at will. Second can I hook my PS2 to the router
    > and still play my online games? And lastly it can't be more than
    > 500 bucks if possible.
    > Thanks for any info you can give.

    There are many routers under $50. The IP is handed out by your ISP.
    I'm not a gamer but I think you can hook up your PS2.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  3. Re: Looking to get a router, Any suggestions?

    "Tim" wrote in message
    > I'm looking to get a router in little bit to hook up three pc's to the
    > internet. First off is there a router that will let you change your IP
    > address at will. Second can I hook my PS2 to the router and still play my
    > online games? And lastly it can't be more than 500 bucks if possible.
    >
    > Thanks for any info you can give.

    DLink DI604 is a nice low cost router with many hi-end features.
    It's about 50US$.
    See www.dlink.com , or for europe www.dlink.de

    The ability of changing IP depends on your ISP, mine is semi-permanent but I
    usually change it successfully by changing the routers MAC-address.

+ Reply to Thread