help connecting 2 wlan routers - Routers

This is a discussion on help connecting 2 wlan routers - Routers ; hi I have 2 netgear wgt624 wireless routers and am trying to connect them to each other am finding it very difficult one is in my home and the other across the street they are each connected to a wired ...

  1. help connecting 2 wlan routers

    hi

    I have 2 netgear wgt624 wireless routers
    and am trying to connect them to each other
    am finding it very difficult

    one is in my home and the other across the street
    they are each connected to a wired LAN via a switch

    both LANs work fine
    but now that one side has no ADSL connection
    I want to share my one

    I have 2 linksys wlan routers at work and they connect fine in ad-hoc mode
    but there is nothing about ad-hoc in the menu

    has anyone done this?
    if so I'd like to know how

    --
    -------------------
    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: help connecting 2 wlan routers

    DataB wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > I have 2 netgear wgt624 wireless routers
    > and am trying to connect them to each other
    > am finding it very difficult
    >
    > one is in my home and the other across the street
    > they are each connected to a wired LAN via a switch
    >
    > both LANs work fine
    > but now that one side has no ADSL connection
    > I want to share my one
    >

    > I have 2 linksys wlan routers at work and they connect fine in ad-hoc mode
    > but there is nothing about ad-hoc in the menu
    >
    > has anyone done this?
    > if so I'd like to know how

    I am definitely not an expert but I just set up a wireless for a
    neighbor (1 foot from the router to the computer) and found a reference
    to setting the wireless channel. Do these things have channels like
    televisions? That may be an answer but I am just putting it up here as a
    maybe kind of thing since I am still learning.
    Bill Baka (EE, not IT).

+ Reply to Thread