D-Link DSL-504t Router - Authentication problems - Routers

This is a discussion on D-Link DSL-504t Router - Authentication problems - Routers ; Hi, I'm trying to set up my Pipex broadband account with a D-Link DSL-504t router, and can not get it to connect. Following Pipex's instructions it tells you to change the "Authentication" setting to "chap", but I can not find ...

  1. D-Link DSL-504t Router - Authentication problems

    Hi, I'm trying to set up my Pipex broadband account with a D-Link DSL-504t
    router, and can not get it to connect.
    Following Pipex's instructions it tells you to change the "Authentication"
    setting to "chap", but I can not find out how to do this for the 504t router
    (the Pipex help is for the 504 model).
    Does anyone know how to set the authentication on the 504t?
    I've checked D-links webpage, the manuals, google and several forums but not
    found anything.
    Everything else seems to work fine - The router works fine, except for the
    internet, and am currently using a usb modem to connect to broadband, and
    using ICS to share the connection.

    Thanks.

    --
    Michael Murray

  2. Re: D-Link DSL-504t Router - Authentication problems

    Michael Murray wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to set up my Pipex broadband account with a D-Link
    > DSL-504t router, and can not get it to connect.
    > Following Pipex's instructions it tells you to change the
    > "Authentication" setting to "chap", but I can not find out how to do
    > this for the 504t router (the Pipex help is for the 504 model).
    > Does anyone know how to set the authentication on the 504t?
    > I've checked D-links webpage, the manuals, google and several forums
    > but not found anything.
    > Everything else seems to work fine - The router works fine, except
    > for the internet, and am currently using a usb modem to connect to
    > broadband, and using ICS to share the connection.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Doesn't matter managed to get it working, by deleting the connection and
    starting again, and rebooting the router many times.

    --
    Michael Murray

+ Reply to Thread