NAT/Firewall - Routers

This is a discussion on NAT/Firewall - Routers ; Hi there! I've got a DynDNS account, a Zyxel Prestige HW-660 router, and want to allow ssh access from the internet to a Mac OS X box behind this router, on standard port 22. So I turned on NAT SUA ...

  1. NAT/Firewall

    Hi there!

    I've got a DynDNS account, a Zyxel Prestige HW-660 router, and want
    to allow ssh access from the internet to a Mac OS X box behind this
    router, on standard port 22. So I turned on NAT SUA with port 22
    forwarding to my local address. It works, so far so good, but only
    with the firewall disabled.

    The firewall is set up to "nothing in, everything out" per default. I
    added a rule to allow port 22 udp/tcp traffic from any address (WAN)
    to any address (LAN). With this setup, I cannot connect.

    What am I missing here?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    -Andre

  2. Re: NAT/Firewall

    Good Day Andre:
    I'm not that great with this sort of suff, but the big question that came to
    my mind was: "did you tell the firewall that the gaming servers IP address
    is a trusted site?"
    just a thought...
    Good Luck
    Rich

    "Andre Berger" wrote in message
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I've got a DynDNS account, a Zyxel Prestige HW-660 router, and want
    > to allow ssh access from the internet to a Mac OS X box behind this
    > router, on standard port 22. So I turned on NAT SUA with port 22
    > forwarding to my local address. It works, so far so good, but only
    > with the firewall disabled.
    >
    > The firewall is set up to "nothing in, everything out" per default. I
    > added a rule to allow port 22 udp/tcp traffic from any address (WAN)
    > to any address (LAN). With this setup, I cannot connect.
    >
    > What am I missing here?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > -Andre

+ Reply to Thread