Lost with VPN - Routers

This is a discussion on Lost with VPN - Routers ; I set up a VPN between my Win XP home laptop and Win 2K Server, it "dials" and connects fine. I had expected see at least the shares on the server in network places, but don't see anything. Obviously, I'm ...

  1. Lost with VPN

    I set up a VPN between my Win XP home laptop and Win 2K Server, it "dials"
    and connects fine. I had expected see at least the shares on the server in
    network places, but don't see anything.
    Obviously, I'm only 1/2 way done setting up the VPN. Windows "help files"
    are no help.
    Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

  2. Re: Lost with VPN

    I had a similar problem until I setup an lmhosts file. Check
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_lmh_qxqq.asp
    for information on the lmhosts file. This helped me create an lmhosts file
    for our remote office to see the shares on our NT server.

    John

    "fred" wrote in message
    > I set up a VPN between my Win XP home laptop and Win 2K Server, it "dials"
    > and connects fine. I had expected see at least the shares on the server

    in
    > network places, but don't see anything.
    > Obviously, I'm only 1/2 way done setting up the VPN. Windows "help files"
    > are no help.
    > Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

  3. Re: Lost with VPN

    Thank you very much!

    I'm still digesting the information, but think I can get it going soon!

    "AnytimeAnywhere" wrote in message
    >I had a similar problem until I setup an lmhosts file. Check
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_lmh_qxqq.asp
    > for information on the lmhosts file. This helped me create an lmhosts
    > file
    > for our remote office to see the shares on our NT server.
    >
    > John
    >

    > "fred" wrote in message
    >> I set up a VPN between my Win XP home laptop and Win 2K Server, it
    >> "dials"
    >> and connects fine. I had expected see at least the shares on the server

    > in
    >> network places, but don't see anything.
    >> Obviously, I'm only 1/2 way done setting up the VPN. Windows "help files"
    >> are no help.
    >> Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

+ Reply to Thread