How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop? - Routers

This is a discussion on How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop? - Routers ; Can anyone explain on how to set up port forwarding on the Zoom X5 router. The manual is not clear at all on setting this up. I have already set up PF for P2P file sharing and this works fine, ...

  1. How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop?

    Can anyone explain on how to set up port forwarding on the Zoom X5 router.
    The manual is not clear at all on setting this up.
    I have already set up PF for P2P file sharing and this works fine, but have
    had no success with remote desktop.
    Both pc's I will be using have XP Pro with SP2 and using Windows firewall.

  2. Re: How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop?

    BIGEYE wrote:
    > Can anyone explain on how to set up port forwarding on the Zoom X5
    > router. The manual is not clear at all on setting this up.
    > I have already set up PF for P2P file sharing and this works fine,
    > but have had no success with remote desktop.
    > Both pc's I will be using have XP Pro with SP2 and using Windows
    > firewall.

    Call Zoom TS/CS.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  3. Re: How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop?

    BIGEYE wrote:
    > Can anyone explain on how to set up port forwarding on the Zoom X5 router.
    > The manual is not clear at all on setting this up.
    > I have already set up PF for P2P file sharing and this works fine, but have
    > had no success with remote desktop.
    > Both pc's I will be using have XP Pro with SP2 and using Windows firewall.

    Are your Windows Firewalls configured to allow no exceptions ,if so
    Remote Desktop will not work.In the control panel open the Security
    Center, click Windows Firewall and clear the check box next to Don't
    allow exceptions.

    NBT

  4. Re: How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop?

    "NBT" wrote in message
    > BIGEYE wrote:
    >> Can anyone explain on how to set up port forwarding on the Zoom X5
    >> router.
    >> The manual is not clear at all on setting this up.
    >> I have already set up PF for P2P file sharing and this works fine, but
    >> have had no success with remote desktop.
    >> Both pc's I will be using have XP Pro with SP2 and using Windows
    >> firewall.

    > Are your Windows Firewalls configured to allow no exceptions ,if so Remote
    > Desktop will not work.In the control panel open the Security Center, click
    > Windows Firewall and clear the check box next to Don't allow exceptions.
    >
    > NBT

    Exceptions are allowed.

  5. Re: How to set up Zoom X5 Router for remote desktop?

    BIGEYE wrote:
    > "NBT" wrote in message
    >
    >>BIGEYE wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can anyone explain on how to set up port forwarding on the Zoom X5
    >>>router.
    >>>The manual is not clear at all on setting this up.
    >>>I have already set up PF for P2P file sharing and this works fine, but
    >>>have had no success with remote desktop.
    >>>Both pc's I will be using have XP Pro with SP2 and using Windows
    >>>firewall.

    >>Are your Windows Firewalls configured to allow no exceptions ,if so Remote
    >>Desktop will not work.In the control panel open the Security Center, click
    >>Windows Firewall and clear the check box next to Don't allow exceptions.
    >>
    >>NBT

    > Exceptions are allowed.

    Are you using (attempting) via Lan or Internet ,if LAN you should not
    need port forwarding and if Internet you will probably need a Static IP
    from your ISP.Ensure port 3389 is allowed in both your firewalls or try
    temporarily disabling your firewalls.

+ Reply to Thread