mac addresses - Routers

This is a discussion on mac addresses - Routers ; BlankI mistakenly entered the wrong mac address for my mr814 router. So now all 3 computers can't access the net through the router. When I use just the DSL modem, I can get on with this computer (the one used ...

  1. mac addresses

    BlankI mistakenly entered the wrong mac address for my mr814 router. So now
    all 3 computers can't access the net through the router. When I use just the
    DSL modem, I
    can get on with this computer (the one used for the scewup) but not the
    other 2. I also lost my browser connection (192.168.0.1) for resetting the
    router.
    I suspect that my dsl connection is only accepting the old computer mac
    address.
    Is there a way to remedy this screwup?

    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Cliff

  2. Re: mac addresses

    Read the routers manual there is a way to reset it and start from scratch
    peter
    "Cliff Gauthier" wrote in message
    > BlankI mistakenly entered the wrong mac address for my mr814 router. So
    > now all 3 computers can't access the net through the router. When I use
    > just the DSL modem, I
    > can get on with this computer (the one used for the scewup) but not the
    > other 2. I also lost my browser connection (192.168.0.1) for resetting
    > the router.
    > I suspect that my dsl connection is only accepting the old computer mac
    > address.
    > Is there a way to remedy this screwup?
    >
    > Any help will be much appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Cliff

  3. Re: mac addresses

    Thanks Peter. Got everything working ok.
    I thought that there was'nt a reset button on the router, but after looking
    at the detailed pictures in the manual, it showed a very tiny hole were you
    had to use the point of a pencil to reset it. So now I know how to do it
    next time something happens.

    Cliff

+ Reply to Thread