Cant login or access router - Routers

This is a discussion on Cant login or access router - Routers ; Hi, I have a netgear router MR814 connected with a LAN wire to my win98 PC LAN port. During setup, a goofup has made this router unaccessible. I cant login to the standard 192.168.0.1 or ping. I have reset it ...

  1. Cant login or access router

    Hi,

    I have a netgear router MR814 connected with a LAN wire to my win98 PC
    LAN port. During setup, a goofup has made this router unaccessible. I
    cant login to the standard 192.168.0.1 or ping. I have reset it for a
    dozen times but no difference. The network card is given an IP of
    192.168.0.2. I have tried it also without assigning any IP. Any
    suggestions ?

    Regards,

    Hiren

  2. Re: Cant login or access router

    Renato wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a netgear router MR814 connected with a LAN wire to my win98 PC
    > LAN port. During setup, a goofup has made this router unaccessible. I
    > cant login to the standard 192.168.0.1 or ping. I have reset it for a
    > dozen times but no difference. The network card is given an IP of
    > 192.168.0.2. I have tried it also without assigning any IP. Any
    > suggestions ?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Hiren

    Change ports on the router. Shut down computer, reboot router, and try
    again.