laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan) - Routers

This is a discussion on laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan) - Routers ; Hi, some days ago I established a network between my laptop and my desctop-pc. The laptop has a wireless conncetion to the router. Now, everytime I try to reach certain sites in the internet my _laptop_ (and only my laptop) ...

  1. laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan)

    Hi,

    some days ago I established a network between my laptop and my desctop-pc.
    The laptop has a wireless conncetion to the router. Now, everytime I try to
    reach certain sites in the internet my _laptop_ (and only my laptop)
    crashes. This only happens with the wireless connection. Without it
    everything works fine.
    Does anybody have an idea what the reason for this is?

    Thanks!

    Duane

  2. Re: laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan)

    A little bit more information may help. Like what OSes are the laptop and PC
    running, which sites cause this problem, etc.,. I'd think, certain sites have
    flash or some such other things which your laptop/browser doesn't handle very
    well.

  3. Re: laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan)

    I have the same problem with my notebook. When it's physically connected to
    the network, it works fine. When I connect, using a Netgear MA111, it just
    shuts down and reboots periodically.

    I don't think the internet is causing my problems though. I'm suspecting
    it's the driver for the Netgear adapter. I've searched for new driver
    updates but haven't found any.

    Mine is a HP notebook running WinXP Pro, using the 802.11b protocol.

    "Sascha Werk" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > some days ago I established a network between my laptop and my desctop-pc.
    > The laptop has a wireless conncetion to the router. Now, everytime I try
    > to reach certain sites in the internet my _laptop_ (and only my laptop)
    > crashes. This only happens with the wireless connection. Without it
    > everything works fine.
    > Does anybody have an idea what the reason for this is?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Duane

  4. Re: laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan)

    > Like what OSes are the laptop and PC running

    XP Home SP2

    > , which sites cause this problem, etc

    www.spinchat.de

    When it is connected physically everthing is fine. Some months ago I used
    another router and I had no probs at all, too.

    thanks!

  5. Re: laptop crashes because of certain sites (but only in wlan)

    "J. Dale Stansberry" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I have the same problem with my notebook. When it's physically connected
    >to the network, it works fine. When I connect, using a Netgear MA111, it
    >just shuts down and reboots periodically.

    I used a Siemens SE505. WLAN Standard: IEE 803.11g

    > I don't think the internet is causing my problems though. I'm suspecting
    > it's the driver for the Netgear adapter. I've searched for new driver
    > updates but haven't found any.

    I send back my router and now thinking about buying another one.

    Thanks guys!

+ Reply to Thread