scanner - Routers

This is a discussion on scanner - Routers ; my computer is networked so is my husbands. mine is the main one but for some reason can't get on the internet with it. my question is how can i use the scanner that is hooked to my computer on ...

  1. scanner

    my computer is networked so is my husbands. mine is the main one but for
    some reason can't get on the internet with it. my question is how can i use
    the scanner that is hooked to my computer on my husbands computer?

  2. Re: scanner

    In article <5qKUd.25639$uc.12392@trnddc09>, orlin.kurt@verizon.net,
    a.k.a ORLIN KURT says...

    > my computer is networked so is my husbands. mine is the main one but for
    > some reason can't get on the internet with it. my question is how can i use
    > the scanner that is hooked to my computer on my husbands computer?

    AIUI, you can't utilise a scanner across a network.

  3. Re: scanner

    ORLIN KURT wrote:
    > my computer is networked so is my husbands. mine is the main one
    > but for some reason can't get on the internet with it. my question
    > is how can i use the scanner that is hooked to my computer on my
    > husbands computer?

    Is the scanner software installed on your husbands computer?

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  4. Re: scanner

    "ORLIN KURT" wrote in message news:5qKUd.25639$uc.12392@trnddc09
    | my computer is networked so is my husbands. mine is the main one but for
    | some reason can't get on the internet with it. my question is how can i use
    | the scanner that is hooked to my computer on my husbands computer?

    You would have to use a HP Printrer+Scanner and HP JetDirect print-server. For example the
    HP 1100 Laser I have has a scanner on it and in conjunction with a HP 170x external
    JetDirect it can be used as a network scanner. There are many other HP printer+scanner
    devices that can do this.

    However, take my experienced opinion -- forget the idea. It is far better to have a scanner
    connected to the PC. I have done networking with HP decvices and it is just too much
    trouble. With Today's inexpensive USB scanners, just forget the idea.

    --
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread