How to access my webserver via external IP? - Routers

This is a discussion on How to access my webserver via external IP? - Routers ; Qwest DSL -> Actiontek GT701 -> Linksys WRT54G -> my computers. One of these has a web server on it. Anyone can get to it from the internet as I have the port forwarded from the Linksys to the server ...

  1. How to access my webserver via external IP?

    Qwest DSL -> Actiontek GT701 -> Linksys WRT54G -> my computers.

    One of these has a web server on it. Anyone can get to it from the internet
    as I have the port forwarded from the Linksys to the server box. I can get
    to the web server from my machines if I use the server box internal IP
    (10.0.0.10), but if I try to access it via the external IP, it doesn't work.
    3 weeks ago I had Comcast Cable, and was using a Linksys Cablemodem in place
    of the Actiontek, and it worked then. What is different about my DSL that
    this doesn't work, and how can I make it work?

  2. Re: How to access my webserver via external IP?

    Fixed. Replace Actiontek DSL modem with Westell DSL modem, and now it works
    again. Go figure?

    "Ook" wrote in message
    > Qwest DSL -> Actiontek GT701 -> Linksys WRT54G -> my computers.
    >
    > One of these has a web server on it. Anyone can get to it from the
    > internet as I have the port forwarded from the Linksys to the server box.
    > I can get to the web server from my machines if I use the server box
    > internal IP (10.0.0.10), but if I try to access it via the external IP, it
    > doesn't work. 3 weeks ago I had Comcast Cable, and was using a Linksys
    > Cablemodem in place of the Actiontek, and it worked then. What is
    > different about my DSL that this doesn't work, and how can I make it work?

+ Reply to Thread