Print server help - Routers

This is a discussion on Print server help - Routers ; I'm having trouble connecting a Trendware TE100 P1U print server to win XP machines,which are networked through a Linksys ethernet router. If I type into a browser the IP address of the server, I can see it, but I can't ...

  1. Print server help

    I'm having trouble connecting a Trendware TE100 P1U print server to win XP
    machines,which are networked through a Linksys ethernet router. If I type
    into a browser the IP address of the server, I can see it, but I can't make
    it print
    TIA, RBM

  2. Re: Print server help

    "RBM" wrote in message
    | I'm having trouble connecting a Trendware TE100 P1U print server to win XP
    | machines,which are networked through a Linksys ethernet router. If I type
    | into a browser the IP address of the server, I can see it, but I can't make
    | it print
    | TIA, RBM

    http://www.trendnet.com/products/TE100-P1U_o.htm

    It states it is compatible with Win32 OS's but I couldn't find that it support TCP 9100 RAW
    printing.

    Have you tried printing a configuration or test page via the print-server's web front-end ?

    Assuming an IP address of; 192.168.1.100 have you tried

    telnet 192.168.1.100 9100

    And typing a bunch of characters then closing the TCFP/IP session ?
    That will force a print job based upon the charachters you typed into the telnet session.

    --
    Dave

  3. Re: Print server help

    David, thanks for the response. Networking in general is a mystery to me. I
    read trendware's online manuals, the manual that came with the unit and the
    manual that came on the disk with the unit, then emailed tech help.
    Everything I read tells me something different. Finally,after unsuccessfully
    trying to reach them by phone, I put together all the tidbits I've learned
    and figured it out. It actually works great, no thanks to Trendware
    "David H. Lipman" wrote in message
    > "RBM" wrote in message
    > | I'm having trouble connecting a Trendware TE100 P1U print server to win
    > XP
    > | machines,which are networked through a Linksys ethernet router. If I
    > type
    > | into a browser the IP address of the server, I can see it, but I can't
    > make
    > | it print
    > | TIA, RBM
    >
    > http://www.trendnet.com/products/TE100-P1U_o.htm
    >
    > It states it is compatible with Win32 OS's but I couldn't find that it
    > support TCP 9100 RAW
    > printing.
    >
    > Have you tried printing a configuration or test page via the
    > print-server's web front-end ?
    >
    > Assuming an IP address of; 192.168.1.100 have you tried
    >
    > telnet 192.168.1.100 9100
    >
    > And typing a bunch of characters then closing the TCFP/IP session ?
    > That will force a print job based upon the charachters you typed into the
    > telnet session.
    >
    > --
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread