RFI Problem With Router - Routers

This is a discussion on RFI Problem With Router - Routers ; I've recently noticed that my LinkSys BEFSR41 router (4 port using CAT5 wiring) is causing radio frequency interference (RFI) with my shortwave radios on at least one or more frequencies. The first frequency that I observed was 11955 kHz. The ...

  1. RFI Problem With Router

    I've recently noticed that my LinkSys BEFSR41 router (4 port using CAT5
    wiring) is causing radio frequency interference (RFI) with my shortwave
    radios on at least one or more frequencies. The first frequency that I
    observed was 11955 kHz. The router and my computer,
    printer, scanner, and cable modem are in the same room with the shortwave
    receiver. The distance between the router and receiver is approximately ten
    feet across the room. I've isolated the RFI source to the router by leaving
    the battery-powered receiver on tuned to 11955 kHz and powering up and down
    individually the computer, printer, scanner, cable modem, and router. How
    can I eliminate the router's RFI problem?

  2. Re: RFI Problem With Router

    Have you tried Torroidal line filters on the power line and cat-5 wire a few inches away
    from the modem ?

    Have you tried putting the Router as well in a shielded and grounded container ?

    --
    Dave

    "JimmyT" wrote in message news:f9mdnYMv_cwTBobfRVn-iA@adelphia.com...
    | I've recently noticed that my LinkSys BEFSR41 router (4 port using CAT5
    | wiring) is causing radio frequency interference (RFI) with my shortwave
    | radios on at least one or more frequencies. The first frequency that I
    | observed was 11955 kHz. The router and my computer,
    | printer, scanner, and cable modem are in the same room with the shortwave
    | receiver. The distance between the router and receiver is approximately ten
    | feet across the room. I've isolated the RFI source to the router by leaving
    | the battery-powered receiver on tuned to 11955 kHz and powering up and down
    | individually the computer, printer, scanner, cable modem, and router. How
    | can I eliminate the router's RFI problem?

+ Reply to Thread