NETGEAR WGR614 v4 - Routers

This is a discussion on NETGEAR WGR614 v4 - Routers ; This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received email ok. Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router the cable modem will send and receive email on both computers. Using the router, no outgoing ...

  1. NETGEAR WGR614 v4

    This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received email ok.
    Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router the cable modem
    will send and receive email on both computers. Using the router, no
    outgoing
    mail.
    Anyone help?
    Thanks.
    jdonaldallen@charter.net

  2. Re: NETGEAR WGR614 v4

    BTY, this is a wireless router, but using it wired.

    Thanks.

    "HP" wrote in message
    > This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received email

    ok.
    > Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router the cable modem
    > will send and receive email on both computers. Using the router, no
    > outgoing
    > mail.
    > Anyone help?
    > Thanks.
    > jdonaldallen@charter.net

  3. Re: NETGEAR WGR614 v4

    HP wrote:
    > BTY, this is a wireless router, but using it wired.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > "HP" wrote in message
    >
    >>This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received email

    > ok.
    >
    >>Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router the cable modem
    >>will send and receive email on both computers. Using the router, no
    >>outgoing
    >>mail.
    >>Anyone help?
    >>Thanks.
    >>jdonaldallen@charter.net

    Not that you care or that it can help, but it is probably a firmware
    problem. I say this because I had a Belkin Wireless 802.11g and when
    Belkin told me to install a newer firmware to see if it might fix a
    problem I was having, it broke my email just exactly like yers. I could
    not send mail, but receive was fine. So since they had no older firmware
    to give me they had to send me a new router.

  4. Re: NETGEAR WGR614 v4

    [posted and mailed]

    "HP" wrote in

    > This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received
    > email ok. Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router the
    > cable modem will send and receive email on both computers. Using the
    > router, no outgoing
    > mail.
    > Anyone help?
    > Thanks.
    > jdonaldallen@charter.net

    Hi,
    A common cause of this behavior is your MTU(MaxTransferUnit) is set to
    large.

    On your netgear admin page click on WAN Setup on that subpage set the MTU
    Size to 1492.

    Joe

  5. Re: NETGEAR WGR614 v4

    Joseph T. Galietto wrote:
    > [posted and mailed]
    >
    > "HP" wrote in
    >
    >> This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received
    >> email ok. Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router
    >> the cable modem will send and receive email on both computers.
    >> Using the router, no outgoing
    >> mail.
    >> Anyone help?
    >> Thanks.
    >> jdonaldallen@charter.net
    >>

    > Hi,
    > A common cause of this behavior is your MTU(MaxTransferUnit) is set
    > to large.
    >
    > On your netgear admin page click on WAN Setup on that subpage set
    > the MTU Size to 1492.
    >
    > Joe

    That is correct if you connect via PPoE but not for DHCP.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  6. Re: NETGEAR WGR614 v4

    "Joseph T. Galietto" wrote in message
    news:Xns95FFEA60DBCF2jtg55verizonnet@130.81.64.196 ...
    > [posted and mailed]
    >
    > "HP" wrote in
    >
    >> This router will not let email go out from any computer. Received
    >> email ok. Using WinXp, Ms. Outlook 2000. If I bypass the router the
    >> cable modem will send and receive email on both computers. Using the
    >> router, no outgoing
    >> mail.
    >> Anyone help?
    >> Thanks.
    >> jdonaldallen@charter.net
    >>

    > Hi,
    > A common cause of this behavior is your MTU(MaxTransferUnit) is set to
    > large.
    >
    > On your netgear admin page click on WAN Setup on that subpage set the MTU
    > Size to 1492.

    I haven't applied this yet, but I plan to tommorow- I have a router that
    has this exact problem
    and thank you sir!

+ Reply to Thread