Opening ports for games ? - Routers

This is a discussion on Opening ports for games ? - Routers ; Hi I have a D-Link 604 router on Blueyonder. I wish to Play C&C Generals Online , amongst other games. I need to open TCP Ports 80,6667,28910,29900,29920 and UDP Ports 4321,27900 I could set this up quite easy with my ...

  1. Opening ports for games ?

    Hi

    I have a D-Link 604 router on Blueyonder.

    I wish to Play C&C Generals Online , amongst other games.

    I need to open TCP Ports 80,6667,28910,29900,29920
    and UDP Ports 4321,27900

    I could set this up quite easy with my old US Robotics Router.
    But I just cant figure out the settings in the menu for the D-Link !!!
    Just me I guess
    I even tried setting my computer as a DMZ to allow full access to the net
    but no joy...
    I link to games but as soon as I play i lose conection ???

    I am using Windows XP SP2

    any Help Plese .

    Mick

  2. Re: Opening ports for games ?

    "MapDnx" wrote in message
    news:babOd.59441$K7.15853@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a D-Link 604 router on Blueyonder.
    >
    > I wish to Play C&C Generals Online , amongst other games.
    >
    > I need to open TCP Ports 80,6667,28910,29900,29920
    > and UDP Ports 4321,27900
    >
    > I could set this up quite easy with my old US Robotics Router.
    > But I just cant figure out the settings in the menu for the D-Link !!!
    > Just me I guess
    > I even tried setting my computer as a DMZ to allow full access to the net
    > but no joy...
    > I link to games but as soon as I play i lose conection ???
    >

    > I am using Windows XP SP2
    >
    > any Help Plese .
    >
    > Mick

    Here you go: http://tinyurl.com/67m82

    You're welcome

  3. Re: Opening ports for games ?

    Generally speaking, you do not need to open any ports to play the games, you
    only need to open ports to host game servers. If you set the machine in the
    DMZ and it still doesn't work, I would look elsewhere for the problem. Do
    you have WinXP's firewall turned off? Do you have the dLink firewall turned
    off?

    FWIW, dlink routers have a well earned reputation for being troublesome when
    it comes to online games, you would have been better off with a Linksys or
    even a Netgear.

    "MapDnx" wrote in message
    news:babOd.59441$K7.15853@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a D-Link 604 router on Blueyonder.
    >
    > I wish to Play C&C Generals Online , amongst other games.
    >
    > I need to open TCP Ports 80,6667,28910,29900,29920
    > and UDP Ports 4321,27900
    >
    > I could set this up quite easy with my old US Robotics Router.
    > But I just cant figure out the settings in the menu for the D-Link !!!
    > Just me I guess
    > I even tried setting my computer as a DMZ to allow full access to the net
    > but no joy...
    > I link to games but as soon as I play i lose conection ???
    >

    > I am using Windows XP SP2
    >
    > any Help Plese .
    >
    > Mick

+ Reply to Thread