Netgear router - Westell 2200 Modem - Routers

This is a discussion on Netgear router - Westell 2200 Modem - Routers ; I have Verison DSL and have a Westell 2200 Modem. My internet connection is great. I want to add a Netgear router WGR614 v5 to be able to connect my notebook to the DSL line. All the lights on the ...

  1. Netgear router - Westell 2200 Modem

    I have Verison DSL and have a Westell 2200 Modem. My internet connection is
    great. I want to add a Netgear router WGR614 v5 to be able to connect my
    notebook to the DSL line. All the lights on the Modem and router look good
    when I have them connected. But I cannot access the DSL or even login to
    the router. Anyone have any ideas? My NIC is a NVIDIA nForce MCP
    Networking Controller if that helps

    Thanks,
    Aaron

  2. Re: Netgear router - Westell 2200 Modem

    Update

    I can get into the router, but only if the Westell 2200 is taken out of the
    loop. As soon as I connect the Modem I lose access to the Router... If
    anyone has any ideas please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Aaron

  3. Re: Netgear router - Westell 2200 Modem

    I do the same thing. What I had to do to get it to work was to set the
    Westell so that the Netgear was in the DMZ of the Westell. that way, all
    packets that do not have a setting in the routing table of the Westell are
    sent to the Netgear. I then connect all of my machines to the Netgear and
    let the Netgear route traffic to my network. By doing so I was able to get
    my game servers, web/ftp servers, and p2p programs back online. You also
    want to set the Netgear router to an internet type of automatic/dhcp. You
    don't want the Netgear trying to log into the Westell with your DSL
    userid/password.

    There are other ways to do this I'm sure, but the above is what I ended up
    doing to get it to work.

    "news.verizon.net" wrote in message
    >I have Verison DSL and have a Westell 2200 Modem. My internet connection
    >is great. I want to add a Netgear router WGR614 v5 to be able to connect
    >my notebook to the DSL line. All the lights on the Modem and router look
    >good when I have them connected. But I cannot access the DSL or even login
    >to the router. Anyone have any ideas? My NIC is a NVIDIA nForce MCP
    >Networking Controller if that helps
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Aaron

+ Reply to Thread