How to add VPN Server function in my LinkSys WRT54G Router ? - Routers

This is a discussion on How to add VPN Server function in my LinkSys WRT54G Router ? - Routers ; Dear all , Please help me ,I'm using Linksys WRT54G v3.036 version .I have download sveasoft firmware , but I get update fail.Maybe the firmware only support router v1.0 to v2.0 . So what can I do ? More thanks ...

  1. How to add VPN Server function in my LinkSys WRT54G Router ?

    Dear all ,
    Please help me ,I'm using Linksys WRT54G v3.036 version .I have
    download sveasoft firmware , but I get update fail.Maybe the firmware
    only support router v1.0 to v2.0 .
    So what can I do ?

    More thanks

    Tommy

  2. Re: How to add VPN Server function in my LinkSys WRT54G Router ?

    Don't know about the sveasoft code, but my version 2 hardware is running
    firmware 3.01.3 and the Security tab has a subscreen with VPN permission
    settings. You might want to look there.

    George

    "Tommy" wrote in message
    news:67c4b191.0502061027.debf131@posting.google.co m...
    > Dear all ,
    > Please help me ,I'm using Linksys WRT54G v3.036 version .I have
    > download sveasoft firmware , but I get update fail.Maybe the firmware
    > only support router v1.0 to v2.0 .
    > So what can I do ?
    >
    > More thanks
    >
    > Tommy

  3. Re: How to add VPN Server function in my LinkSys WRT54G Router ?

    I just got a WRT54G. It is HW version 2.2, firmware 3.03.1. Sure
    enough it has a VPN page under the Security tab, but I can't connect
    via VPN through it. My VPN works fine through my old wired Linksys
    router.

    Was hoping new HW/firmware would allow VPN. Now considering shelling
    out $20 for sveasoft. Anybody had any luck with VPN on this box with
    stock firmware?

    Thanks,
    Waterhouse

    George wrote:
    > Don't know about the sveasoft code, but my version 2 hardware is

    running
    > firmware 3.01.3 and the Security tab has a subscreen with VPN

    permission
    > settings. You might want to look there.
    >
    > George
    >
    > "Tommy" wrote in message
    > news:67c4b191.0502061027.debf131@posting.google.co m...
    > > Dear all ,
    > > Please help me ,I'm using Linksys WRT54G v3.036 version .I have
    > > download sveasoft firmware , but I get update fail.Maybe the

    firmware
    > > only support router v1.0 to v2.0 .
    > > So what can I do ?
    > >
    > > More thanks