Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router? - Routers

This is a discussion on Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router? - Routers ; Hi. I have a paradyne 6381-A1-200 DSL modem, and have just purchased a Belkin wireless router. When setting up the modem and router, I do not have internet access. According to the Belkin tech support, I must disable DHCP from ...

  1. Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    Hi.

    I have a paradyne 6381-A1-200 DSL modem, and have just purchased a Belkin
    wireless router.

    When setting up the modem and router, I do not have internet access.

    According to the Belkin tech support, I must disable DHCP from the modem.

    I've found the paradyne manual online, and tried to enter the modem setup
    page using a specific IP address. However, when I try to enter the address
    specified in the manual, I just get a 'page not found' error.

    How can I determine what IP address I should type into the address bar on my
    browser in order to modify the modem settings??

    Or is there another way to turn off DHCP for the modem??

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

    TIA

  2. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    Jonathan wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a paradyne 6381-A1-200 DSL modem, and have just purchased a
    > Belkin wireless router.
    >
    > When setting up the modem and router, I do not have internet access.
    >
    > According to the Belkin tech support, I must disable DHCP from the
    > modem.
    >
    > I've found the paradyne manual online, and tried to enter the modem
    > setup page using a specific IP address. However, when I try to
    > enter the address specified in the manual, I just get a 'page not
    > found' error.
    >
    > How can I determine what IP address I should type into the address
    > bar on my browser in order to modify the modem settings??
    >
    > Or is there another way to turn off DHCP for the modem??
    >
    > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    >
    > TIA

    Call your ISP's tech support.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  3. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    Jonathan wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a paradyne 6381-A1-200 DSL modem, and have just purchased a
    > Belkin wireless router.
    >
    > When setting up the modem and router, I do not have internet access.
    >
    > According to the Belkin tech support, I must disable DHCP from the
    > modem.
    >
    > I've found the paradyne manual online, and tried to enter the modem
    > setup page using a specific IP address. However, when I try to
    > enter the address specified in the manual, I just get a 'page not
    > found' error.
    >
    > How can I determine what IP address I should type into the address
    > bar on my browser in order to modify the modem settings??
    >
    > Or is there another way to turn off DHCP for the modem??
    >
    > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    >
    > TIA

    Was your computer connected directly to the modem?
    Did you enter 192.168.1.1:8080?

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  4. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    Thanks Travis.

    Yes, I tried 192.168.1.1:8080; keep getting a page not found.

    Could it be on a different IP address now?

    My DSL modem is connected directly to my computer's ethernet port...

    Any other suggestions?

    TIA!
    "Travis" wrote in message
    newsytNd.20675$uc.19614@trnddc03...
    > Jonathan wrote:
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > I have a paradyne 6381-A1-200 DSL modem, and have just purchased a
    > > Belkin wireless router.
    > >
    > > When setting up the modem and router, I do not have internet access.
    > >
    > > According to the Belkin tech support, I must disable DHCP from the
    > > modem.
    > >
    > > I've found the paradyne manual online, and tried to enter the modem
    > > setup page using a specific IP address. However, when I try to
    > > enter the address specified in the manual, I just get a 'page not
    > > found' error.
    > >
    > > How can I determine what IP address I should type into the address
    > > bar on my browser in order to modify the modem settings??
    > >
    > > Or is there another way to turn off DHCP for the modem??
    > >
    > > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    > >
    > > TIA

    > Was your computer connected directly to the modem?
    > Did you enter 192.168.1.1:8080?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

  5. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    I called ISP tech support; they told me that they couldn't help me, since
    they do not support routers. They did say that other users were using
    routers with this DSL modem, however.

    Belkin says I must disable DHCP on the modem before I can use their router.

    I'm stuck...

    "Travis" wrote in message
    > Jonathan wrote:
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > I have a paradyne 6381-A1-200 DSL modem, and have just purchased a
    > > Belkin wireless router.
    > >
    > > When setting up the modem and router, I do not have internet access.
    > >
    > > According to the Belkin tech support, I must disable DHCP from the
    > > modem.
    > >
    > > I've found the paradyne manual online, and tried to enter the modem
    > > setup page using a specific IP address. However, when I try to
    > > enter the address specified in the manual, I just get a 'page not
    > > found' error.
    > >
    > > How can I determine what IP address I should type into the address
    > > bar on my browser in order to modify the modem settings??
    > >
    > > Or is there another way to turn off DHCP for the modem??
    > >
    > > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    > >
    > > TIA

    > Call your ISP's tech support.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

  6. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    Jonathan wrote:
    > I called ISP tech support; they told me that they couldn't help me,
    > since they do not support routers. They did say that other users
    > were using routers with this DSL modem, however.
    >
    > Belkin says I must disable DHCP on the modem before I can use their
    > router.

    T/S wouldn't even help you get into the modem? Who is your ISP?

    Some modems have a reset button somewhere, usually in back or on the
    bottom. If you hold it in long enough it should reset the modem back to
    factory defaults so if the IP has been changed it should reset back to
    192.168.1.1.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  7. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    They are a local ISP; I live in a rural area, and they are the only option
    for highspeed connection. Only other option would be dial up (or expensive
    satellite).

    There is no reset button; unfortunately, looks like I'm stuck...

    "Travis" wrote in message
    > Jonathan wrote:
    > > I called ISP tech support; they told me that they couldn't help me,
    > > since they do not support routers. They did say that other users
    > > were using routers with this DSL modem, however.
    > >
    > > Belkin says I must disable DHCP on the modem before I can use their
    > > router.

    > T/S wouldn't even help you get into the modem? Who is your ISP?
    >
    > Some modems have a reset button somewhere, usually in back or on the
    > bottom. If you hold it in long enough it should reset the modem back to
    > factory defaults so if the IP has been changed it should reset back to
    > 192.168.1.1.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

  8. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    Jonathan wrote:
    > They are a local ISP; I live in a rural area, and they are the only
    > option for highspeed connection. Only other option would be dial
    > up (or expensive satellite).
    >
    > There is no reset button; unfortunately, looks like I'm stuck...

    You could try contacting Paradyne. You could use a switch and then when
    your ISP notices you are drawing two IP's maybe they will help you. I
    am surprised that a small local ISP is so unhelpful. I have no more
    suggestions.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  9. Re: Paradyne DSL modem w/ Belkin Router?

    I have the same modem but with a Linksys router. What I had to do is
    with just the dsl modem hooked-up go to 192.168.1.1 web site and get the
    page up first then hook up the router. Also my same modem has to be in
    DHCP mode so I don't know if you were mis-informed. Hope this help's?

+ Reply to Thread