Linksys Wireless G Router & Remote Desktop - Routers

This is a discussion on Linksys Wireless G Router & Remote Desktop - Routers ; This is doing my head in!! OK... At home via wireless (lan) I can connect via remote desktop to my pc no problem On a Wan via the internet all I get is the Linksys Setup page for my router. ...

  1. Linksys Wireless G Router & Remote Desktop

    This is doing my head in!!

    OK...

    At home via wireless (lan) I can connect via remote desktop to my pc no
    problem

    On a Wan via the internet all I get is the Linksys Setup page for my router.

    I have forwarded ports 3389 (TCP) and 4908 (UDP) to my ip address no my pc
    to no joy.
    The ports are opened up on Windows Firewall.

    It is a static IP address through my cable modem which is connected to the
    router and then to my pc

    HELP

    Thanks

    jason

    Remove spam bit in my email address

  2. Re: Linksys Wireless G Router & Remote Desktop

    Hi Jason,
    Unfortuantely I don't use Remote Desktop but I do use VNC - have you ever
    looked into that as a free alternative as well? All you have to do is
    forward port 5900-5900 TCP to the appropriate PC and you're golden... I've
    done it many times with that same router (Linksys WRT54G)

    Good luck!
    Scott

    "Jason Henley" wrote in message
    > This is doing my head in!!
    >
    > OK...
    >
    > At home via wireless (lan) I can connect via remote desktop to my pc no
    > problem
    >
    > On a Wan via the internet all I get is the Linksys Setup page for my
    > router.
    >
    > I have forwarded ports 3389 (TCP) and 4908 (UDP) to my ip address no my pc
    > to no joy.
    > The ports are opened up on Windows Firewall.
    >
    > It is a static IP address through my cable modem which is connected to the
    > router and then to my pc
    >
    > HELP
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > jason