connecting a 3rd computer - Routers

This is a discussion on connecting a 3rd computer - Routers ; I have 2 computers linked together now I want to add a 3 computer but the 3rd computer is in the basement and the other 2 computers are on the 2nd floor. Can you go wireless? or do you have ...

  1. connecting a 3rd computer

    I have 2 computers linked together now I want to add a 3 computer but the
    3rd computer is in the basement and the other 2 computers are on the 2nd
    floor. Can you go wireless? or do you have to wire the 3rd one also? I have
    a netgear router now that can go wireless.
    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: connecting a 3rd computer

    If your router is hard and wireless it may work, depending on the distance
    and what's between the third PC and the router, ie: stone, brick, or just
    sheetrock and wood. I've found home use routers tend to work well both
    horizontally and vertically,but lousy trying to get from the upper left side
    to the lower right side of a house. In any event you need a wireless
    network receiver to try it
    "Bob" wrote in message
    >I have 2 computers linked together now I want to add a 3 computer but the
    >3rd computer is in the basement and the other 2 computers are on the 2nd
    >floor. Can you go wireless? or do you have to wire the 3rd one also? I
    >have a netgear router now that can go wireless.
    > Thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread