Help With Setup - Routers

This is a discussion on Help With Setup - Routers ; I have purchased a DI-604 router to set up a network using my cable modem, PC with Windows XP and a digital Surveillance Recorder. I want to be able to access my surveillance recorder via the internet from remote locations. ...

  1. Help With Setup

    I have purchased a DI-604 router to set up a network using my cable
    modem, PC with Windows XP and a digital Surveillance Recorder.

    I want to be able to access my surveillance recorder via the internet
    from remote locations.

    I have been assigned an IP number from my ISP. Now, how do I
    configure my router and Recorder (It can be given and IP address).

    Please give me as much detail as possible as I am new to
    networking.

    Thanks in advance!

    Larry Combs

  2. Re: Help With Setup

    http://www.ezlan.net/
    peter
    "Larry" wrote in message

    > I have purchased a DI-604 router to set up a network using my cable
    > modem, PC with Windows XP and a digital Surveillance Recorder.
    >
    > I want to be able to access my surveillance recorder via the internet
    > from remote locations.
    >
    > I have been assigned an IP number from my ISP. Now, how do I
    > configure my router and Recorder (It can be given and IP address).
    >
    > Please give me as much detail as possible as I am new to
    > networking.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Larry Combs

+ Reply to Thread