vpn router - Routers

This is a discussion on vpn router - Routers ; anyone has any experience with Linksys VPN router or some other? I have two locations each with DSL modems. and one has MS exchange that needs to be accessesed by both locations and a VPN router seems ideal. Any ideas? ...

  1. vpn router

    anyone has any experience with Linksys VPN router or some other?

    I have two locations each with DSL modems. and one has MS exchange that
    needs to be accessesed by both locations and a VPN router seems ideal.

    Any ideas? thoughs?

    thanks,

  2. Re: vpn router

    Yup, Linksys befsx41 routers on both ends work very well, had problems
    though in the beginning, till I figured out but very simple to set up. I
    couldnt get my computer (win2k) to see xp computer on other end, but could
    get XP puter to see win2k puter... ask away...

    KK

    "Raul" wrote in message
    > anyone has any experience with Linksys VPN router or some other?
    >
    > I have two locations each with DSL modems. and one has MS exchange that
    > needs to be accessesed by both locations and a VPN router seems ideal.
    >
    > Any ideas? thoughs?
    >
    > thanks,

  3. Re: vpn router

    Hi there, Thanks for the reply.

    With the befsx41 on both ends, do you have access to multiple VPNs? I look
    at the box in Best BUy today and it says 2 simultaneous VPN conn.

    Also could you send me the configuration for the VPN access?

    Thanks,

    Raul Rego
    raul.rego@verizon.net

    "Kaptain Krunch" wrote in message
    > Yup, Linksys befsx41 routers on both ends work very well, had problems
    > though in the beginning, till I figured out but very simple to set up. I
    > couldnt get my computer (win2k) to see xp computer on other end, but could
    > get XP puter to see win2k puter... ask away...
    >
    > KK
    >
    > "Raul" wrote in message
    >> anyone has any experience with Linksys VPN router or some other?
    >>
    >> I have two locations each with DSL modems. and one has MS exchange that
    >> needs to be accessesed by both locations and a VPN router seems ideal.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? thoughs?
    >>
    >> thanks,

  4. Re: vpn router

    yes, just 2 connections, however there are boxes out there that support
    hundreds of vpn connects... what are your needs?

    KK

    "Raul" wrote in message
    > Hi there, Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > With the befsx41 on both ends, do you have access to multiple VPNs? I

    look
    > at the box in Best BUy today and it says 2 simultaneous VPN conn.
    >
    > Also could you send me the configuration for the VPN access?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Raul Rego
    > raul.rego@verizon.net
    >
    > "Kaptain Krunch" wrote in message
    > > Yup, Linksys befsx41 routers on both ends work very well, had problems
    > > though in the beginning, till I figured out but very simple to set up.

    > > couldnt get my computer (win2k) to see xp computer on other end, but

    could
    > > get XP puter to see win2k puter... ask away...
    > >
    > > KK
    > >
    > > "Raul" wrote in message
    > >> anyone has any experience with Linksys VPN router or some other?
    > >>
    > >> I have two locations each with DSL modems. and one has MS exchange

    that
    > >> needs to be accessesed by both locations and a VPN router seems ideal.
    > >>
    > >> Any ideas? thoughs?
    > >>
    > >> thanks,

  5. Re: vpn router

    Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I will like about 8 VPN.

    Let me ask you, even with the two VPN's do I need a befsx41on both sides or
    just an the receiving side?

    thanks,

    > yes, just 2 connections, however there are boxes out there that support
    > hundreds of vpn connects... what are your needs?
    >
    > KK
    >
    > "Raul" wrote in message
    >> Hi there, Thanks for the reply.
    >>
    >> With the befsx41 on both ends, do you have access to multiple VPNs? I

    > look
    >> at the box in Best BUy today and it says 2 simultaneous VPN conn.
    >>
    >> Also could you send me the configuration for the VPN access?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Raul Rego
    >> raul.rego@verizon.net
    >>
    >> "Kaptain Krunch" wrote in message
    >> > Yup, Linksys befsx41 routers on both ends work very well, had problems
    >> > though in the beginning, till I figured out but very simple to set up.

    >> > couldnt get my computer (win2k) to see xp computer on other end, but

    > could
    >> > get XP puter to see win2k puter... ask away...
    >> >
    >> > KK
    >> >
    >> > "Raul" wrote in message

    > that

  6. Re: vpn router

    both sides Have to have some VPN protocol... win2k has vpn that you can set
    up (difficult) but 2 routers with vpn make it easy... the tunnel is throught
    the routers and each net looks like a sub net. BTW..FYI each router has to
    have a DIFFERENT subnet IE:
    R1 192.168.1.1
    R2 192.168.2.1
    you specify a preshared key (same on both)
    specify encription DES/3DES - SHA/DES
    among other things RTFM LOL

    KK

    "Raul" wrote in message
    > Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I will like about 8 VPN.
    >
    > Let me ask you, even with the two VPN's do I need a befsx41on both sides

    or
    > just an the receiving side?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > "Kaptain Krunch" wrote in message
    > > yes, just 2 connections, however there are boxes out there that support
    > > hundreds of vpn connects... what are your needs?
    > >
    > > KK
    > >
    > > "Raul" wrote in message
    > >> Hi there, Thanks for the reply.
    > >>
    > >> With the befsx41 on both ends, do you have access to multiple VPNs? I

    > > look
    > >> at the box in Best BUy today and it says 2 simultaneous VPN conn.
    > >>
    > >> Also could you send me the configuration for the VPN access?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Raul Rego
    > >> raul.rego@verizon.net
    > >>
    > >> "Kaptain Krunch" wrote in message