Can't Get In To My FTP Server - Routers

This is a discussion on Can't Get In To My FTP Server - Routers ; Hello, I realize this may take a few posts. I'll post what I think you need, and more as asked. I have a computer running Win XP Pro. It connects to a Linksys 4 port router (NR041) via ethernet. The ...

  1. Can't Get In To My FTP Server

    Hello,

    I realize this may take a few posts. I'll post what I think you need, and
    more as asked.

    I have a computer running Win XP Pro.

    It connects to a Linksys 4 port router (NR041) via ethernet.

    The router connects (through the correct port) to a cable modem.

    The LAN side of the router is 192.168.1.1.

    The WAN side is my DHCP configured IP.

    I can use the Internet, ping, FTP, and all seems well.

    I am running an FTP server on the Windows machine - port 21.

    I set up forwarding in the router's configuration utlity for FTP. I have:

    EXT PORT: 21
    PROTOCOL TCP: Ticked/Enabled
    INT PORT: 20
    IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.2, (which is the Windows machine's IP
    ENABLE: Ticked

    I have Windows firewall off.

    I have no other firewall/security software running.

    I can log in locally fine.

    When one outside attempts to log in, they never get connected. They get a
    connect, but it never gets to the password stage. I can't remember the
    message they get. Anyone who wants to try it can try it at: 69.143.157.225
    l/p tester/tester.

    Tried enabling/disabling passive mode.

    Don't know what I left out.

    Why can no one get through?

    Babs

  2. Re: Can't Get In To My FTP Server

    If you get in, make a folder or ul a file or something to let me know you
    were there!

    "Barbara" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I realize this may take a few posts. I'll post what I think you need, and
    > more as asked.
    >
    > I have a computer running Win XP Pro.
    >
    > It connects to a Linksys 4 port router (NR041) via ethernet.
    >
    > The router connects (through the correct port) to a cable modem.
    >
    > The LAN side of the router is 192.168.1.1.
    >
    > The WAN side is my DHCP configured IP.
    >
    > I can use the Internet, ping, FTP, and all seems well.
    >
    > I am running an FTP server on the Windows machine - port 21.
    >
    > I set up forwarding in the router's configuration utlity for FTP. I have:
    >
    > EXT PORT: 21
    > PROTOCOL TCP: Ticked/Enabled
    > INT PORT: 20
    > IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.2, (which is the Windows machine's IP
    > ENABLE: Ticked
    >
    > I have Windows firewall off.
    >
    > I have no other firewall/security software running.
    >
    > I can log in locally fine.
    >
    > When one outside attempts to log in, they never get connected. They get a
    > connect, but it never gets to the password stage. I can't remember the
    > message they get. Anyone who wants to try it can try it at: 69.143.157.225
    > l/p tester/tester.
    >
    > Tried enabling/disabling passive mode.
    >
    > Don't know what I left out.
    >
    > Why can no one get through?
    >
    > Babs

  3. Re: Can't Get In To My FTP Server

    > EXT PORT: 21
    > PROTOCOL TCP: Ticked/Enabled
    > INT PORT: 20
    > IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.2, (which is the Windows machine's IP
    > ENABLE: Ticked

    try both ports at 21
    ext & int

+ Reply to Thread