Router help - Routers

This is a discussion on Router help - Routers ; Hi all - I have a Vigour 2600G adsl wireless router which is very good - however I'm having problems! My PC has a wireless link to the router and another pc is linked directly via cable into port 1. ...

  1. Router help

    Hi all - I have a Vigour 2600G adsl wireless router which is very good -
    however I'm having problems!

    My PC has a wireless link to the router and another pc is linked directly
    via cable into port 1. Is there any way to close off and open that port via
    the router? I would like to restrict its access.

    tia

  2. Re: Router help

    Chris-John Turner wrote:

    > Hi all - I have a Vigour 2600G adsl wireless router which is very good -
    > however I'm having problems!
    >
    > My PC has a wireless link to the router and another pc is linked directly
    > via cable into port 1. Is there any way to close off and open that port via
    > the router? I would like to restrict its access.
    >
    > tia

    You mean a remote control of that port from another PC?
    Most routers can restrict the allowed IP numbers and/or MAC addresses.
    Read the router manual.

    --
    Veel plezier / Have fun
    Bert

    Mail via hccnet.nl

  3. Re: Router help

    The 2600G's have the ability to "tune" the bandwidth used by each switch
    port. I believe that it goes up in 32 Kb increments. That being the case,
    they must offer a way to shut the port completely.

    "Chris-John Turner" wrote in message
    > Hi all - I have a Vigour 2600G adsl wireless router which is very good -
    > however I'm having problems!
    >
    > My PC has a wireless link to the router and another pc is linked directly
    > via cable into port 1. Is there any way to close off and open that port
    > via
    > the router? I would like to restrict its access.
    >
    > tia

+ Reply to Thread