Open ports for two IPs - Routers

This is a discussion on Open ports for two IPs - Routers ; My router (Linksys WRT54G) provides different IPs, depending on the connection with my PC (wired or wireless, eg. 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.1.101). I need to open two ports for a certain application. I made an entry in the Application&Gambling section of ...

  1. Open ports for two IPs

    My router (Linksys WRT54G) provides different IPs, depending on the
    connection with my PC (wired or wireless, eg. 192.168.1.100 or
    192.168.1.101). I need to open two ports for a certain application. I made
    an entry in the Application&Gambling section of the router's setup (port
    range forward).

    However, the ports are assigned to one IP only (the first in the list), i.e.
    when I have to change the connection to my router, the PC's IP changes too
    and the ports are not open anymore. I also tried "Port triggering" in the
    same section, but without success.

    Is there any way to assign an open port to more than one IP (both protocols,
    TCP and UDP).

    Thanks for your help.
    Joerg

  2. Re: Open ports for two IPs

    Assign a static IP to this computer.
    http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm
    How to forward ports on Linksys WR54G
    http://www.portforward.com/linksys/wrv54g.htm

    Ashok S.

    "Joerg Reutershan" ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
    > My router (Linksys WRT54G) provides different IPs, depending on the
    > connection with my PC (wired or wireless, eg. 192.168.1.100 or
    > 192.168.1.101). I need to open two ports for a certain application. I made
    > an entry in the Application&Gambling section of the router's setup (port
    > range forward).
    >
    > However, the ports are assigned to one IP only (the first in the list),
    > i.e. when I have to change the connection to my router, the PC's IP
    > changes too and the ports are not open anymore. I also tried "Port
    > triggering" in the same section, but without success.
    >
    > Is there any way to assign an open port to more than one IP (both
    > protocols, TCP and UDP).
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Joerg

  3. Re: Open ports for two IPs

    Im not sure on the Linksys, but on my D-Link I can open ports not only for 1
    IP but a range of IPs. Open the port using the range of IPs you have
    configured for you connections.

    Robert...

    "Joerg Reutershan" wrote in message
    > My router (Linksys WRT54G) provides different IPs, depending on the
    > connection with my PC (wired or wireless, eg. 192.168.1.100 or
    > 192.168.1.101). I need to open two ports for a certain application. I made
    > an entry in the Application&Gambling section of the router's setup (port
    > range forward).
    >
    > However, the ports are assigned to one IP only (the first in the list),
    > i.e. when I have to change the connection to my router, the PC's IP
    > changes too and the ports are not open anymore. I also tried "Port
    > triggering" in the same section, but without success.
    >
    > Is there any way to assign an open port to more than one IP (both
    > protocols, TCP and UDP).
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Joerg

+ Reply to Thread