Stateless NAT router - Routers

This is a discussion on Stateless NAT router - Routers ; Hello! Is there any quality ethernet-to-ethernet routers around which will do stateless NAT? That is, the router should have set of internal address and a set of external address. The router is then given rules of the form: Internal address ...

  1. Stateless NAT router

    Hello!

    Is there any quality ethernet-to-ethernet routers around which will do
    stateless NAT? That is, the router should have set of internal address and a
    set of external address. The router is then given rules of the form:

    Internal address 10.1.2.3 TCP port 42 should be mapped with external
    address 294.58.4.3 port 75

    We have a cisco router with IOS which allow this kind of rules. However, the
    router seems to keep track of the connections made and we are worried about
    this since we want to be able to support _very_ many connections (hundreds
    of thousands), both udp and tcp.

    Best,

    Hans

  2. Re: Stateless NAT router

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Hansen View Post
    Hello!

    Is there any quality ethernet-to-ethernet routers around which will do
    stateless NAT? That is, the router should have set of internal address and a
    set of external address. The router is then given rules of the form:

    Internal address 10.1.2.3 TCP port 42 should be mapped with external
    address 294.58.4.3 port 75

    We have a cisco router with IOS which allow this kind of rules. However, the
    router seems to keep track of the connections made and we are worried about
    this since we want to be able to support _very_ many connections (hundreds
    of thousands), both udp and tcp.

    Best,

    Hans
    Try ipset along with iptables. IP sets