webserver and router - Routers

This is a discussion on webserver and router - Routers ; can someanone please help me with this problem that is driving me mad ,i am trying to run miniportal webserver on one of my networked pcs ,the pc has ip adress of 192.168.1.100 which i have put on a dmz ...

  1. webserver and router

    can someanone please help me with this problem that is driving me mad ,i am
    trying to run miniportal webserver on one of my networked pcs ,the pc has ip
    adress of 192.168.1.100 which i have put on a dmz in my linksys wr54g i also
    forward port 80 to this ip adress,i can acess the site from my network but
    not if i use my external ip address,this is how my setup is running . net
    lynx modem router which has dhcp enabled this is connected to my linksys
    wrt54g wireless router/acess point ,accordind to the status tab in the
    lynksys the modem gives the access point an ip address of 10.0.0.6.
    hope someone can help thanx.

  2. Re: webserver and router

    Try reading page 31 in the Linksys WRT54G router manual first. It's all
    explained there in a paragraph. If you don't have the manual then go to the
    Linksys web site and down load a pdf version of it from the WRT54G product
    page.

    http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=35&prid=601

    Finally if your external network address is not static then you need to use
    a custom DNS service so whenever the external address does change the web
    server is still reachable.

    http://www.dyndns.org/

    Check out the free "Dynamic DNS" service. Also read page 19 in the router's
    user manual for setting up automatic address update for the DDNS service for
    the above.

    --
    Leland C. Scott
    KC8LDO

    "When all else fails, read the manual last."

    "shad" wrote in message
    > can someanone please help me with this problem that is driving me mad ,i

    am
    > trying to run miniportal webserver on one of my networked pcs ,the pc has

    ip
    > adress of 192.168.1.100 which i have put on a dmz in my linksys wr54g i

    also
    > forward port 80 to this ip adress,i can acess the site from my network but
    > not if i use my external ip address,this is how my setup is running . net
    > lynx modem router which has dhcp enabled this is connected to my linksys
    > wrt54g wireless router/acess point ,accordind to the status tab in the
    > lynksys the modem gives the access point an ip address of 10.0.0.6.
    > hope someone can help thanx.

+ Reply to Thread