Warning: Linksys BEFSX41 crashes with SKYPE - Routers

This is a discussion on Warning: Linksys BEFSX41 crashes with SKYPE - Routers ; I installed the latest firmware (1.50.18) on my Linksys BEFSX41 router this week which works fine. I have this router attached to a PPPOE cable modem and also use the VPN feature. Yesterday, I updated SKYPE to the latest version ...

  1. Warning: Linksys BEFSX41 crashes with SKYPE

    I installed the latest firmware (1.50.18) on my Linksys
    BEFSX41 router this week which works fine. I have this
    router attached to a PPPOE cable modem and also use
    the VPN feature.

    Yesterday, I updated SKYPE to the latest version (1.0.0.100)
    because they warned for a security issue.

    It now appears that my router doesn't like this new Skype
    version: It immediately breaks the internet connection the
    moment SKYPE is started. The only way I can get into the
    internet is by terminating Skype.

    I have informed both Linksys and Skype of this issue. I
    hope a fix / workaround will be published.

    --
    Arthur Hoornweg
    (please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address.

  2. Re: Warning: Linksys BEFSX41 crashes with SKYPE

    what is skype?

    kk

    "Arthur Hoornweg" wrote in message
    > I installed the latest firmware (1.50.18) on my Linksys
    > BEFSX41 router this week which works fine. I have this
    > router attached to a PPPOE cable modem and also use
    > the VPN feature.
    >

    > Yesterday, I updated SKYPE to the latest version (1.0.0.100)
    > because they warned for a security issue.
    >
    > It now appears that my router doesn't like this new Skype
    > version: It immediately breaks the internet connection the
    > moment SKYPE is started. The only way I can get into the
    > internet is by terminating Skype.
    >
    > I have informed both Linksys and Skype of this issue. I
    > hope a fix / workaround will be published.
    >

    > --
    > Arthur Hoornweg
    > (please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address.
    > I had to take this measure to counteract SPAM
    > flooding my mail box)

  3. Re: Warning: Linksys BEFSX41 crashes with SKYPE

    never mind... should have googled it first

    KK

    "Kaptain Krunch" wrote in message
    > what is skype?
    >
    > kk
    >
    > "Arthur Hoornweg" wrote in message
    > > I installed the latest firmware (1.50.18) on my Linksys
    > > BEFSX41 router this week which works fine. I have this
    > > router attached to a PPPOE cable modem and also use
    > > the VPN feature.
    > >

    > > Yesterday, I updated SKYPE to the latest version (1.0.0.100)
    > > because they warned for a security issue.
    > >
    > > It now appears that my router doesn't like this new Skype
    > > version: It immediately breaks the internet connection the
    > > moment SKYPE is started. The only way I can get into the
    > > internet is by terminating Skype.
    > >
    > > I have informed both Linksys and Skype of this issue. I
    > > hope a fix / workaround will be published.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Arthur Hoornweg
    > > (please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address.
    > > I had to take this measure to counteract SPAM
    > > flooding my mail box)

+ Reply to Thread